Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Pagey

Pagey new track build

G'day everyone, after a lot of racing around the country in the last two years the Slotcar bug has bitten me full on . Needing to improve my driving skills I have decided to build my own track . Never to do things on a small scale and loving two tracks in particular, Hornsby and Melbourne an 8 lane modular love child is appearing in my garage . I'm better at making saw dust than using computers so I hope I can post some photos of it and were I'm up to . With some fantastic track builders like Garry and Kim to look, I'm feeling a little nervous. Anyway its progressing well at the moment. My wife said it's huge ? Not what I've heard her say before . 😳😂 Try and post a track map then some photos. 

Cheers Pagey 

That's a massive home track mate....no wonder your wife is impressed...😁😁 It is also looking good and you will have to host a big race on it for all the old pharts to come play.

Cheers,

Jan

Saw it for the first time yeaterday, it is a massive track. Can’t wait for the best race meet on it. 

Well done Pagey.

- Cam

Thats bloody Awsome Pagey. Can’t wait to take it for a spin. Home track advantage right up your alley now mate.😜

I forgot to mention that the lane spacing is 115mm and outside 190mm to allow a 30mm tyre bundle to save damage to cars . 

• Like 1

Love your work Pagey.. you commit and come thru on a level that makes us mere mortals feel very ordinary.  The track looks great and will make the the Daptoids even harder to beat.

I can see me and Noel coming for a visit soon  

Thanks for the kind words Kim . You are most certainly welcome anytime once the track is up and running . With the knowledge and experience that you have in building tracks and racing I’m pleased that you feel I’m going ok . I’m trying to post some update photos of progress but some how failing . Good at making saw dust not very good with tech . 😬🤓

Crikeys Pagey those straights are looooong, have you sourced some 18T pinions 😳 or do we just run minimum tyre diameters of about 30 mm to get the legs. As per your usual style go big or don’t bother 😂

Awesome job Pagey

This is taking a home track to a whole new level defiantly a big event circuit.

you might have to allow space for a Bar as i suspect a few of the boys will be over quite a lot and will need some refreshments after a few laps on the Bull Ring!! :D