Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Benno

The Bull Ring - Shell Harbour

Hi all, 

Now with the Bull Ring up & running ill kick off the first post with some results from the last few weeks of racing. 

As you will see, the times across the weeks have been improving as we learn the track & grip level improves. 

Results will be posted after each weeks racing, perhaps with a mini race report :ph34r:

4. Slotworx Porsche-2018-04-05T22.16.43.xlsx

3. Slotworx V8s-2018-03-29T20.43.05.xlsx

3. Slotworx V8s-2018-04-05T21.01.51.xlsx

4. Slotworx Porsche-2018-03-29T22.13.15.xlsx

4. Slotworx Porsche-2018-03-22T21.56.28.xlsx

3. Slotworx V8s-2018-03-22T20.43.36.xlsx

Edited by Benno

Thanks Garry for the site for our results. Thanks Ben for posting them and Rodney for saving results from lasts week . All great help to a computer system dope. 

🎉🎉🎉🤓🎉🎉🎉

Great to see the results up and have a look back at . Next week we will be running the FLM and Porsche cars . Will be interesting to see how the faster FLM performance is on track under race conditions. 

Sorry Ian I was posting at same time . FLM and not V8 . Let me know if you don’t have a car ready . 

Here is some footage of The Bull Ring, Pageys fantastic 8 lane home track. The first section of the video show the 1/24 Slotworx V8 being raced. The last part of the video is the super fast 1/24 Slotworx Porsche series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiXc02TRys

Cheers Jason

Edited by Jason Bell
video embedded twice on the post
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jason Bell said:

Here is some footage of The Bull Ring, Pageys fantastic 8 lane home track. The first section of the video show the 1/24 Slotworx V8 being raced. The last part of the video is the super fast 1/24 Slotworx Porsche series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BiXc02TRys

Cheers Jason

Great footage Jase ! 

Certainly beats my piss poor BookFace attempt :|

Great racing  again tonight at the Bull Ring . Our numbers were down slightly this week with a few boys away for whatever reason . 

Was fantastic to have Ian and Jack here for the night . What a commitment to travel from Cootamundra and Wyalong to Shell Cove . That’s about a 4-5 hour trip oneway . Now that’s special for sure . The feedback  was great from them and they are planning to run with us regularly once a month. Pleased to have you both in our friendly group. Both dialed in pretty quickly for those who are interested, for the first time runners for MCN . 

We have race results to post but my computer skills will require intervention from my wife tomorrow to post them up . 🧐🙈😳👩 help . 

Track performance was great again and lap times are still being trimmed . 

Legend Ben, thanks for posting the results up for us . Missed you tonight but hopefully we get you back next week . Your a local . Only 2hrs away compared to 5hrs for Jack . 🧐😳😂😂😂

Awesome nights racing at Pageys Bull Ring. Many thanks to Glen and all the racers for welcoming the " out of towners " Fantastic racing on what I believe is agueably one of, if not the best track in Oz. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pagey said:

Legend Ben, thanks for posting the results up for us . Missed you tonight but hopefully we get you back next week . Your a local . Only 2hrs away compared to 5hrs for Jack . 🧐😳😂😂😂

My intention is to race there every week ..... but you know what they say about best laid plans 9_9 work has been a little bonkers at the moment 

Anyways , I will be there next week Pagey !!! Pierre is coming with me for a run too 

Interesting to see Cams' FLM times were very similar to mine when i tested it there a number of weeks ago 

Edited by Benno
  • Like 1

Well just home from that Bull Ring to all racers coming to  the Nationals photo's don't do it justice one word amazing. The hospitality shown to the out of Towner's buy Glen letting us practise all after noon will be making the trip once a month to the Bull Ring.

• Like 2

Also would like to welcome our newest racer Serg . One of my neighbors from two streets away. Serg was walking his dog and looked in my garage seeing the track . He was like a kid on Xmas morning. He has joined us for the last two weeks . He used to race about 20 years ago he told us. Once in your blood I don’t think it leaves, as he is like a duck to water, back in the groove . He has  already bought a V8 kit from Cam and ordered a controller. Hooked line and sinker . Great to have you as part of our group Serg . Also had my mailman Brody , who has watched me build the track for the last 6 months with garage door up . Both Brody and his mate joined us for a look and test . Both are keen to come back. So it would appear that all I have to do is open the garage door up . 😳

• Like 2

Tonight racing at Bull Ring will again be the Porsche and FLM classes . Thanks for a big week of hard work from Chris, Jason B and Jim we have the driver stands in the new and improved positions. After testing yesterday arvo I’m sure all will adapt quickly for the better . 

Huge thanks again especially to Chris . 👏👏👏👏🏆 as I gave  him the wrong panels in the first place 🧐😳🙈💩. It was very enjoyable though,  working with everyone to solve my stuff up . 😂😂😂🤓 We have a great club with great blokes ! 

• Like 1

Great nights racing again at the Bull Ring . We had 17 racers tonight, great field of drivers doing battle in the FLM and Porsche. Race results will be posted by Ben again , thanks mate . 

We had Geoff return to the group with his first visit to the Bull Ring . Always great to have our group continue to grow . Serg has taken his new controller for a spin tonight and his first Slotworx build is well underway. 

We had a special Bithday for Al tonight, turning the big 60 . Congratulations mate and many more to come . 

Few great drives from blokes finding there feet on the track . Jason had his Porsche running well along with Vito . Great to see Vito going so well . Thanks for all the work with computer also Vito . 

We have moved the drivers stations and sorted out the brakes issues when power is cut . Think everyone agrees that the new position are a winner . Also the marsh’s point onto the straight was a huge improvement. Massive thanks again to Chris, our wiring guru . Also to Garry J for pointing us in the right direction, much appreciated. 

Weeks are ticking by rapidly to the MCN . Think we are under control with planing . Not sure on next weeks cars yet but will post shortly. Maybe a chance to give Scaleauto a hit out ? 

Cheers Pagey 

E46D9A06-0BFB-4584-811C-FC67FB0B8E92.jpeg

9FEFC58F-AD2A-4110-8697-345A486B18E2.jpeg

92FA97ED-0748-4868-8477-BBEF1A82AD19.jpeg

6F5CC237-BC6F-43E7-997E-09A9F82CF838.jpeg

• Like 1

Ok so moving closer to the MCN we wil keep moving through our classes . Next week we will be racing the Slotworx V8 along with the Scaleauto classes. You may run either class in a combined race of old class and new class . Please read all the rules in relation to your car choice . Rules for 2018 classes are posted in rule section on this forum. 

Basically the old car has the standard Scaleauto motor . Not NSR ! Also Plafit wheels and tyres are now allowed. Ride height is still at 1.8mm . The light weight interiors etc are allowed as per previous years etc. Gearing is also fixed as per rules. 

Basically the new car is as it comes out of the box .No light weight interiors etc. Standard motor and gearing is as nominated as per MCN posts.Plafit wheels and tyres allowed. Ride height is 1mm . 

Please read all the rules for classes in the rules section though. 

Please contact me if you have questions or issues about the classes. 

Note 

Please remember that these are hard body race cars .So a I little bit of driver change to save damage would be advisable. Look forward for crashes and don’t shut your eyes and pull the trigger harder . The noise and cost of repairs are not nice at all . Especially with a big race meet so close . 

Cheers Pagey 

Early warning for next few weeks classes . We will run the Scaleauto and Slotworx V8 for next two weeks . Then Porsche and F1 . So get your F1 ready . If you don’t have one you need to pair yourself with your race partner for the MCN and we will adjust the race brackets to suit so you both can drive . We need to get some laps in with these rockets . They are great fun to drive but are very fragile. So caution and practice is vital . They will not take driving into one another at all . Old race saying of too finish first , first you have too finish is very true with these .

Cheers Pagey 

Another great night at the Bull Ring . Brooksy returned to racing this week and seeing him take his first win at the Ring . Great to have you back Champ. 

Great numbers again tonight with a field of 18 drivers. With some regular drivers away also,  it’s awesome to still have a big field of competitors . We have the potential of around 25 if everyone shows up on the same night . Not a bad effort and thanks for all the support guys . 

Scaleauto race was very interesting and also not bad for a first time on track . Most guys running older gear at this stage.  Maybe holding back or just easing into a class we haven’t run for a while .  Pagey grabbing the win for an early beer reward . 

We have the new computer systems up and running. Massive  thanks to Vetto for organising and setting up . Also Rodney for assistance in programming it . It will be a safer option over the lap top . It’s been working fine but has tripped out earlier, in weeks past. 

A few photos of the night , love that we have such a great atmosphere at the track with plenty of laughs. A shot of Jamie testing out the bar area with the live feed, it all seems to be working fine . 

Thanks Ben again for posting results and Rod for downloading etc. 

cheers Pagey 

026B46F3-3DAB-4D4D-B683-DFAECE8AF272.jpeg

DA8BD19D-6555-473D-89DD-F5D0CFC2B230.jpeg

02D1720B-204F-456F-B0EB-665F40C90248.jpeg

C636083F-7143-4F8A-851D-012209729F8A.jpeg

CE66F23B-428D-41FD-A35E-EE23978784C7.jpeg

699B79A4-E509-4819-A14E-183CB0A2456A.jpeg

• Like 1

Another great hit out at the Bull Ring tonight. I think we had 19 starters . Another fantastic turnout that many would be envious of. Great atmosphere again ,with plenty of good racing . It was  fantastic to have Ian and Jack back for another race night . A huge effort to travel so far for a nights racing . We had another run with the Scaleauto and Slotworx V8 tonight . Some good racing and battles through out the night .

Jim had a return to the top step in the Scaleauto, Pagey second and Beno in a loaner 3rd . Brooksy hard on  his heels in the same car for a very close 4th . 

Brooksy took another victory in the V8 class . Pagey with another second and I have I think Jim 3rd ? 

The boys are putting  the results together and posting soon . We ran the new computer system and it’s operation was fine but the link to internet is not sorted yet. 

Here are a few shots of the night including a very good looking rooster, in an awesome 😎  race shirt . Chris was very excited to show off his new

Bull Ring team shirt . 😂 glad you liked it mate . 👍🏻

Next week is the Porsche and F1 for a final test session before the MCN .It was really cool seeing the F1s all out on the track together at the end of tonight’s racing, looking forward to next weeks race .  

Thanks for all the support again 

Cheers Pagey 

01898927-EF37-474B-A357-9AC9DFF824BD.jpeg

1EFC0C31-814C-4DF6-A65C-FF242122463B.jpeg

C1E3486F-719B-456A-86CD-4DE2FE02C582.jpeg

F8B41214-9734-47A4-B7E9-8C41852C5BE9.jpeg

• Like 2