Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Benno

The Bull Ring - Shell Harbour

Another nights racing at the Bull Ring seen another good field of 18 runners doing battle . With the Slotworx Porsche up first then a F1 hit out . 

Cam to the top step in a Pagey loaner Porsche. Then Pagey second with Jim close behind . This class is always fast and heaps of fun . Looking forward to the big race in a couple of weeks. 

Next up was the F1 . Quite a few haven’t driven these in a race before so it was great to geat a few race laps under the belt before the up coming Enduro. Plenty of car tuning along with a tune required for the track . Great that we had a test race for these rockets . We had a problem on red with a few high speed deslots, now that everyone is pushing hard. I’m confident we have a small tweak to solve that problem. These things are seriously fast and the smallest issue is a disaster. I’m sure we will get the track sorted , That’s why it’s good to test in race format. The joys of a modular track I suppose. 

The results were first Cam with Jim close behind in second . A great result for Steve Layton in third . Well done Steve as a first drive in a F1 . 

Next week will be a test and tune . Cars will be seperated into class orders for practice with enough time for everyone to test all cars . 

Cheers Pagey 

Pulled the track apart to get to the problem lane under the bridge this morning. Found and rectified the fault I hope . The F1 with its high speed and flex had the body side mounts hitting and bottoming out in one spot . Such a fine line to get it excactly right with such high

speed unforgiving cars . 

Thanks Jim for your help and counseling session today. Always great to work with you, especially when we are problem solving . 

Cheers Pagey was 

3F4F9D6D-6F59-4553-9AEC-12F9EA323BF1.jpeg

• Like 1

Great practice held tonight . Some good lap times in all classes . Very satisfying to see the F1 at full noise under the bridge we’re we had a few issues last week . Some very  minor adjustments have solved the issue . We seemed to have know track  deslots at all, or other track issues. Final preparations are in full swing ready for next weeks action.Very relived about the F1 practice. 

Looking forward to seeing all the interstate drivers after all the months of hard work. 

See you all next week 

cheers Pagey 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pagey said:

Great practice held tonight . Some good lap times in all classes . Very satisfying to see the F1 at full noise under the bridge we’re we had a few issues last week . Some very  minor adjustments have solved the issue . We seemed to have know track  deslots at all, or other track issues. Final preparations are in full swing ready for next weeks action.Very relived about the F1 practice. 

Looking forward to seeing all the interstate drivers after all the months of hard work. 

See you all next week 

cheers Pagey 

So does this mean no more winter testing for F1? Also did i hear Schumacher is making a come back here? Or was it Mansel? If so extra wide body needed 

• Like 1

Thanks again to all my fantastic club mates for making the MCN weekend such a success. Our reputation of a welcoming fun club is even more reinforce after such  an awesome weekend. The Bull Ring has most certainly made a mark on everyone.The place is only as good as the blokes that come and make it . Thats  why it’s a big success. 

Jim has offered his track up for the next couple of weeks. I’m a bit burnt out at the moment, so much appreciated it Jim . Jim has said to pack the V8, Porsche and NASCAR in the war chest for this week. Not sure I’ll make it yet so have plenty of fun . 

Cheers and thanks again Pagey 

• Like 2

Back at the the Bull Ring this week . Thanks again to Jim for hosting the group for the last two weeks. Looks from the outside that plenty of fun was had . 

A few things to work through for our group. We need to pack the track up on a Thursday night from now on . I estimate it shouldn’t take anymore than about 40-60 min . I’m sure the first couple of weeks will be slow as everyone gets used to how it comes apart . With everyone doing a little I’m sure we will get a routine sorted .

We need to consider the start time of racing also . I think that racing should start at 7pm sharp . For those who can’t make that start time you need Ring ahead to get your name in computer. Also do we run one longer race or stick with the same two race format considering the pack up time at the end of night? Blokes from Sydney or early workers are not expected to stay and help .  

We also need to work out this week what classes we are going to run and for the duration of weeks . We are blessed with classes but Slotworx is and always will be our primary classes. 

This week please bring Slotworx V8 , Porsche and Can Am . We haven’t run the Can Am on track so should be a nice change up . 

Please consider the list of items above and as a group we will work out the direction next . 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 6

Back at the the Bull Ring this week . Thanks again to Jim for hosting the group for the last two weeks. Looks from the outside that plenty of fun was had . 

A few things to work through for our group. We need to pack the track up on a Thursday night from now on . I estimate it shouldn’t take anymore than about 40-60 min . I’m sure the first couple of weeks will be slow as everyone gets used to how it comes apart . With everyone doing a little I’m sure we will get a routine sorted .

We need to consider the start time of racing also . I think that racing should start at 7pm sharp . For those who can’t make that start time you need Ring ahead to get your name in computer. Also do we run one longer race or stick with the same two race format?  Considering the pack up time at the end of night . Blokes from Sydney or early workers are not expected to stay and help .  

We also need ato work out this week what classes we are going to run and for the duration of weeks . We are blessed with classes but Slotworx is and always will be our primary classes. 

This week please bring both Slotworx V8 , Porsche and Can Am . We haven’t run the Can Am on track so should be a nice change up . 

Please consider the list of items above and as a group we will work out the direction next . 

Cheers Pagey 

Great to blow the dust and cobwebs off the Bull Ring this week. We had 16 runners doing battle in the Slotworx Porsche and  a first hit out with the Historic Can Am.

Both classes are fast and fun to drive .Jim returned to the top step in the Porsche race from Memory. Some very fast cars on the track so a great result. Not sure of the rest of podium I’m sorry . Cam showed the way in the Can Am . With a first hit out,  I’m sure lap times will be shaved next time out for these fun cars . Always fantastic eye candy seeing these on track . Once again I’m not sure of minor placings . I think we might have jumped the gun with track shut down before results were posted to emails? 

We managed to have a quick club meeting at half time to sort out a few things like start times and classes etc . I will post up a calendar and updates shortly.

We also celebrated a Birthday for Jules . 🎂 My darling wife baking a cake for us with 5 min notice.👩👏👏 

Next week will see the Plafit MZ for the first time along with the Slotworx Utes . These classes will be on for 4wks starting at 7.15 pm sharp . If your late please ring ahead to get your name in computer. 

We also pulled the track down for the first time . We managed this in 40 min . I’m sure that as everyone gets used to the process and with a few more power tools we will shave at least 10 min off that . Thanks to all who stayed to help . Many hands make light work. 

Thanks again for all the support and looking forward to some fantastic racing next week. 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 2

- Following our club meeting last week these are the classes and dates for racing at the Bull Ring for the next few months. 

Please note 

-  All classes run as per national rules. Including weights for MZ class. Random checks will be done along with checks on podium placing cars . 

- Racing starts at 7.15pm sharp . If your running late phone through to be added to computer. 

21/Jun      Through until     19/ July 

Plafit MZ  and  Slotworx V8 Utes 

26/July.      Through until.   16/Aug

MJK NASCAR  and  Plafit CanAm

23/Aug.       Through until.   13/Sep

1/32 Aussie V8.  and.  New Scaleauto 

• Like 1

16 runners tonight at the Bull Ring . Great to run some different classes tonight . The Slotworx Utes were sensational at 12v . The lap times were as quick if not quicker than the V8s even at the lower voltage. Heaps of fun and a awesome class . Top step to Cam , Pagey second just over Brooksy. Nice and close racing . 

Nice to see the MZ back on track . Hard body racing always needs a reset of the mind set . With more than a few roller derby moments on track it was a bit of a survival run . I’m sure that once the cobwebs are blown out next week the racing will clean up . Overall the cars were great on track . A nice change up and plenty of fun . Cam getting a well deserved double up on the top step . Chris back with a strong second place with Brooksy on the podium again . Thanks to all again for helping with the pack up . 30 min pack up so not to bad. Big thanks to Serge and Jim for the early start to the day and putting up the track for tonight’s fun . Much appreciated by all . Same classes next week and very much looking forward to it . 

Cheers Pagey 

436C4F0F-C566-457D-868D-78C916CBB28A.jpeg

602B8690-D2B2-4968-A2F3-0515C45D76EE.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pagey said:

16 runners tonight at the Bull Ring . Great to run some different classes tonight . The Slotworx Utes were sensational at 12v . The lap times were as quick if not quicker than the V8s even at the lower voltage. Heaps of fun and a awesome class . Top step to Cam , Pagey second just over Brooksy. Nice and close racing . 

Nice to see the MZ back on track . Hard body racing always needs a reset of the mind set . With more than a few roller derby moments on track it was a bit of a survival run . I’m sure that once the cobwebs are blown out next week the racing will clean up . Overall the cars were great on track . A nice change up and plenty of fun . Cam getting a well deserved double up on the top step . Chris back with a strong second place with Brooksy on the podium again . Thanks to all again for helping with the pack up . 30 min pack up so not to bad. Big thanks to Serge and Jim for the early start to the day and putting up the track for tonight’s fun . Much appreciated by all . Same classes next week and very much looking forward to it . 

Cheers Pagey 

436C4F0F-C566-457D-868D-78C916CBB28A.jpeg

602B8690-D2B2-4968-A2F3-0515C45D76EE.jpeg

Like the bodies. Mini z are they 1/24 hard bodies?

8 hours ago, ding said:

Hi Guys,

what chassis's are you running, 1700 or 1900.

Thanks

ding...😜

My Enzo had a 1700, Chris was 1900 and not sure what Brooksy had...

Thanks Cam,

I'm going to build a new Mini Z for the APC this year and am going to go with a 1900 chassis.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ding...😜

On 6/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, Camber said:

My Enzo had a 1700, Chris was 1900 and not sure what Brooksy had...

Round two of the current series of Slotworx Utes and MZ . Ben was very fast but with a bit of bad luck still managed a podium. Brooksy top step again this time in a Ute . Cam  with another great drive to second . MZ was another great run for Cam . Chris with another good showing second and Jim a solid drive for the minor spot .  Same classes next week and we will all have to lift our game to challenge Cam and Brooksy who are on a great run of podiums . Thanks again to Serge for helping with track set up and all who stayed behind for pack up . Appreciate the support and another top night of fun .

Cheers Pagey 

118D0EB8-15DA-4E37-9407-BFDF65A20E83.jpeg

4C5D667B-2273-49F6-AB9F-57DC4DC34532.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pagey said:

Round two of the current series of Slotworx Utes and MZ . Ben was very fast but with a bit of bad luck still managed a podium. Brooksy top step again this time in a Ute . Cam  with another great drive to second . MZ was another great run for Cam . Chris with another good showing second and Jim a solid drive for the minor spot .  Same classes next week and we will all have to lift our game to challenge Cam and Brooksy who are on a great run of podiums . Thanks again to Serge for helping with track set up and all who stayed behind for pack up . Appreciate the support and another top night of fun .

Cheers Pagey 

118D0EB8-15DA-4E37-9407-BFDF65A20E83.jpeg

4C5D667B-2273-49F6-AB9F-57DC4DC34532.jpeg

Nice work guys

Once again and I feel I must shout,

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE POSTS WITH PICTURES

Thank you for your co-operation

• Like 2