Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Noel

NSW Endurance Championships

To be held on the weekend of the 24th /25th of February 2018 at Hornsby Slot Cars. 126a James Lane Hornsby.

Format as Follows

Saturday:- 9 am to 12 midday ( 3 hour enduro)

Slotworx V8s as per national rules min 2 drivers max of 4

Slotworx V8s will now have a handout SRP motor kindly sponsored by Jan from Hobby Magic.

Saturday:- 1 pm to 4 pm (3 hour enduro)

Lexan Gt3 combined with LMP as per current national rule set. Min 2 drivers max of 4

For any team running the Lmp class you will need to supply an NSR 25000 motor as this class is not a hand out.

Gt3 will now have a handout SRP motor sponsored by Jan from Hobby Magic.

if the entries exceed more than 8 teams the  length of these races will still be capped at 3 hours..

Sunday:- 9am to 3pm (6hour enduro)

Min 3 drivers

We will be racing a Slotworx lexan Porche with a 25000 rpm  SRP long can motor hand out. Cam from Slotworx will post the rule set. The rules will be similar to the V8 rules with the obvious changes noted.

This class will also have a handout SRP motor sponsored by Jan from Hobby Magic.

Cost per team to Follow      

Saturday’s Races are $20 per driver for each race. Monies to be paid at counter when nominating your team please.

Sunday’s 6 hour race is $50 per driver. Monies to be paid to James when nominating your team.

Friday practice will be $10 per driver all day how’s that for cheap entertainment guys.

...........Saturday’s Races............ 

TEAMS               DRIVERS

SA 1 :- Ian M , Peter V8s & Gt3/lmp

SA 2 :- Mark , Ian S V8s & Gt3/lmp

Slotworx :- Cam , Noel V8s & GT3 

Redbull :- Pagey , Brooksy V8s & Gt3 

TBA      :- Kim , Mitchie V8s

Dapto 1:-Rodney , Jules V8s & Gt3/Lmp

Phoenix:- Garry J , Benno V8s/Gt3     

TiCo :- Tim , Cody V8s/Lmp

Toby :- Steve , Troy  V8s/GT3

Garage Hero’s :- Greg , Brett V8s/Lmp

Race Ya Later :- Jason , Chris V8s/Lmp

Nissan 1:-Clinton , Andrew V8s/Lmp/Gt3 

Nissan2 :- Charles , Harry V8s / Lmp/Gt3 

Crock :- Doug , Mark V8s/Lmp

Outer Towners :- Ian, Jack , Paul V8s/Lmp

Zimmer :- Kim , Fox  Gt3/lmp

Armchair :- Tba , tba , tba ,  V8s/ Lmp / Gt3 

Wacky Races :- JJ , Jake, tba V8s/Gt3 

"”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

.....Sunday 6 hour Slotworx Porsche Cup....

TEAMS                 DRIVERS

Slotworx :- Cam , Pagey , Brooksy

South Oz :-Ian M , Peter , Mark , Ian S

Bat L Ax :- Kim , Mitchie , Noel

Dapto1:-Rodney , Jules , Gregg T

Phoenix:- Garry J , Tim , Cody

Nissan :- Charles , Clinton , Harry , Andrew

Race Ya Later :- Jason , Chris , Mark

Garage Hero’s :- Greg , Brett , Doug

Toby :- Steve ,Troy , Ben D

Outer Towners :- Ian , Jack , Paul

FAT Racing :- Stoo , Fox , Darryl

Armchair :-  John VD , Ian R , John A

Wacky Races :- JJ , Jake , Brad

• Like 1

Awesome Noel , thank you so much for getting one of the best race meets up and going . Love the format and should spice things up with the new class . Great that we are supporting Australian products also . Slotworx, Red Roo and Garry’s chassis are all world class . Really looking forward to the event and the interest in our club (Dapto ) is on a high, so some new teams are on the cards as well. Hopefully the normal interstate teams will help to grow the event even more. Very exciting times ahead  with these cars and new driver talent from around the country on the rise. Thanks again mate , awesome. 

Cheers Pagey . 

• Like 1

Great news.The new classes should provide very close racing on an affordable budget.Thanks to Cameron for his foresight and vision once again.If anyone needs help preparing or tips I would be glad to help people from other states in the lead up.👍🏎🏁

• Like 2

Thank you Noel!

An interesting race programme utilising Australian ingenuity and engineering talent. I'm hoping to be involved as are a number of the Dapto boys, potentially 3 teams without digging too deep. Let the build up begin. 

• Like 2

Full credit to Noel and Kim for taking over the baton and continuing what is the best race meet in the country. Hornsby has it all with a great track, James and his professional staff and the Blue Gum Hotel.

Can't wait and I can't express enough gratitude for incorporating my new cup cars as the main enduro event on the Sunday schedule. So far feedback has been very positive, they should add a little spice over the previous Scaleauto cars which have been run over the years. They will be significantly cheaper to setup and all Australian made.

Cheers from a very happy Cam.

• Like 2

Noel, please add Team Phoenix to all 3 races

Cody and Tim for V8 and LMP/GT3

Cody, Tim and Garry for Porsche GT3

If anyone wants to team up for Saturday, I'm available.

Cheers,

Garry J

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Garry J said:

Noel, please add Team Phoenix to all 3 races

Cody and Tim for V8 and LMP/GT3

Cody, Tim and Garry for Porsche GT3

If anyone wants to team up for Saturday, I'm available.

Cheers,

Garry J

Message sent Garry 

Hi Noel

Can you please add Team Nissan to all three races with drivers representing Dapto and Canberra.

Charles, Clinton. Harry and TBA

Updated Charles thank you ...........

• Like 2

Thank you to all who have nominated so far. I will update original post this evening or across the week end.

Would it be possible for teams to give a tentative nomination for either the Gt3 or lmp class ?  Just to get an idea on numbers. I think which ever class the team has nominated come Jan 31 2018 this is the class to be run by the team. This gives 3 months for any new car builds and also the chance to test your new rockets. Happy for others ideas and opinions.

Bugger... Tim, Cody and Garry J have teamed up for the Porsche Cup main event.... we better bring our A ( finger) game..  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Noel said:

Would it be possible for teams to give a tentative nomination for either the Gt3 or lmp class ?  Just to get an idea on numbers. I think which ever class the team has nominated come Jan 31 2018 this is the class to be run by the team. This gives 3 months for any new car builds and also the chance to test your new rockets. Happy for others ideas and opinions.

Hi Noel, 

I noticed in the OAPR thread that there is a mention of potential rule changes as per a copy paste from Jans' post .... 

Please consider the following for us to include into the regulations for 2018:

- reduce the total minimum weight to 150g

- open the pinion choice to 11 OR 12 (being a driver choice rather than a race organiser choice)

For me the likely hood of having to build and tune a car is pretty low as Garry has offered his hot rods for this event, but for the other guys out there that may want to 'modify' their chassis' to suit, i think it would be best that a ruling be made sooner rather than later so teams can adopt these changes ?

Food for thought .............

Hey Benno the 2018 rule set is being discussed as you know. Please place your comments in the relative thread as well mate, This way your concerns and comments can be noted by those above my pay scale. Thank you mate.

Cheers 

Benno 

• Like 2

G'day Noel

here is the Vic Teams

Saturday

Slotworx v8 and LMP/GT  Team Race Ya Later  drivers Jason and Chris

Slotworx v8  and LMP/GT Team Garage Hero's  drivers Greg and Brett

Slotworx v8  and LMP/GT Team Crock  drivers Doug and Mark

Sunday

Porsche Cup  Team Race Ya Later  drivers Jason , Chris , Mark

Porsche Cup Team Garage Hero's drivers Greg , Brett , Doug 

Thanks

Teams entered Jason 

• Like 1

Post updated with teams. If I’ve muffed it please let me know. Keep an eye on the post for further updates. Discussions have been had with Jan from Hobby Magic regarding the sponsorship of SRP motors. More info to follow when to hand. Thanks guys