Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Noel

NSW Endurance Championships

On 2/23/2018 at 3:15 AM, Garry J said:

In the absence of any other agreement, such as an agreement to hire the track/raceway, all the entry fees belong to James and he alone decides on the disbursement of funds, including the purchase of trophies. If these "bespoke" trophies are to be paid for from entries, which is what you've implied here, without James's prior consent, then we do have a problem. As I've been fielding calls from James regarding trophies until very recently I doubt the existence of any prior arrangement. 

Just to clear up matters from a previous post, James didn’t make any contribution toward the Slotworx trophies. Artwork, printing and the plates were paid for entirely by me and Kim put a significant amount of time into organsing and chasing the trophies (drove a stupid amount of km’s to pick them up). 

James did however foot the bill for the GT3 and LMP trophies for which he should be admired. Thanks James.

As for any parts I sold over the weekend, I gave James half of the money in bits I sold over the weekend.

Jan’s contribution with sponsorship of motors is also greatly appreciated, they performed very well indeed over the weekend of racing. I think cup car qualifing times and race results highlight that.

Cheers,

Cam

• Like 3

James has always paid for trophies out of entry fees. It only needs to be organised in advance. 

We almost didn't have trophies for the other classes because nobody bothered to give him the list until it was almost too late. 

Big weekend for a bogan from Adelaide. Had a ball,thanks to Noel Kim and Brooksy for there efforts in organising and running the event . Thanks to James for a great venue track was awesome,and thanks toJan of Hobby magic for SRP hand out motors.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the pics Rodger There are some great shots

and i love the short clips in your link :) 

also thanks for all the marshaling you did over the practice days

Cheers Mate

On behalf of the SA guys I would also like to thank Roger for his marshalling efforts over the weekend .

Hornsby is always on my wedding anniversary weekend. 23 Feb or there abouts . Always runnning the love gauntlet every year for me . 😂😂 🙏🏻she loved me 🤓🧐

• Like 1

Spot on Pagey,

It will be as per previous years which makes it weekend of 23/24 February.

That is True Love 😍

• Like 2

What classes are running next year? If scaleauto runs will new chassi be allowed. As most tracks seem to have progressed onto it.

Would it be hand out motors for all classes ?

43 minutes ago, Gordon said:

What classes are running next year? If scaleauto runs will new chassi be allowed. As most tracks seem to have progressed onto it.

Would it be hand out motors for all classes ?

Rumour mill is circulating this : 

ScaleAuto 

Plafit FLM

OAPR GT3

SlotWorx Porsche 

• Like 2

Hi Guys

As HSC's 'man on the ground' (even though actually in New York currently) I have been liaising with Kim and Noel regarding the format of the upcoming 2019 HSC Enduro.

An announcement will be made in the next 2 to 3 days regarding the classes and format for the weekend.

This will give plenty of time for all to prepare.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 9:47 PM, Benno said:

Rumour mill is circulating this : 

ScaleAuto 

Plafit FLM

OAPR GT3

SlotWorx Porsche 

Hi Benno,

Fox contacted me a few weeks ago regards this and his thoughts were these National events should cover a broad spectrum of manufactures.  

The following manufacturers and class of cars in his sights are: 

Slotworx - Porsche Cup Car by Cam 

Plafit - FLM - Ace hobbies

GT3 - Red Roo, Johnson, and bodies by Andrew B.

Scaleauto - Less likely as he would rather it be a "Lexan weekend" and their are time constraints with the number of entries we normally get for this event.

I'm sure Fox will have confirmation over the weekend. Mark has been organising D3 racing at Hornsby for a while now and has James blessing to look after this event.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Axman said:

Hi Benno,

Fox contacted me a few weeks ago regards this and his thoughts were these National events should cover a broad spectrum of manufactures.  

The following manufacturers and class of cars in his sights are: 

Slotworx - Porsche Cup Car by Cam 

Plafit - FLM - Ace hobbies

GT3 - Red Roo, Johnson, and bodies by Andrew B.

Scaleauto - Less likely as he would rather it be a "Lexan weekend" and their are time constraints with the number of entries we normally get for this event.

I'm sure Fox will have confirmation over the weekend. Mark has been organising D3 racing at Hornsby for a while now and has James blessing to look after this event.

Hey Kim, 

I would hate to not see the re-inclusion of ScaleAuto again to Hornsby. The recent racing we have had at Red Racer & Pageys for the Bathurst weekend had some great racing 

FWIW .... we ran 4 classes this year as the numbers for LMP & GT3 allowed 2 separate races

Edited by Benno
  • Like 1

I think time constraints will be the limiting factor. We don’t want the limiting factor to be racers paticapation in the event. In my opinion running the 3 classes with one of then not being Scaleauto is ok. You won’t find a bigger advocate for Scaleauto than me however I’m just being realistic. Besides who would break the news to Pagey about a shortened pub visit on the Saturday night ? I think his sponsors like Carlton ,Tooheys and the like are expecting his appearance at a reasonable hour for maximum exposure for their brands 😂😂😂.. You go alright  Pagey 👌

• Like 2

Fox emphasised this year was hardly an "Enduro" and in 2019 wants to run an actual enduro - 6 hours for each team in the Slotworx Porsche cup class.

• Like 2

Is it great for that  we have a problem of too many entries, giving the organiser a headache of classes and duration of Enduro. Exactly why Noel last year was so brave in not limiting numbers of entrants. In my opinion to grow or even sustain the number of people in the hobby his vision worked . The classes proposed are all great and do a lot to keep all the manufacturers in . If a class due to numbers has to be dropped, Scaleauto  would also be my choice. I do love them also but we now have a Australian champs just for them now . Yes I also believe one of the great and unique features of Hornsby is the social bonus at the pub . Annual catch up with all our interstate mates is simply awesome and should not be altered in anyway. Good luck to the organisers and I’m sure whatever is worked out will simply be fantastic. Racing at the country’s slot car Mecca is not to be missed ! Ever ! 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 2

Neither of those are on the listed classes Ian . As was stated the classes are represented of all the manufacturers of chassis in the country. Let’s just  support what’s being offered. 

Cheers Pagey

• Like 1

Personally I think 3 classes is a good move and spreading the love around with an open class (Garry Johnson chassis, Red Roo, whatever you want), Plafit FLM  and being personally privileged with Slotworx cup cars as the main event on Sunday should please everyone.

I try not to get involved in event management, however one thing I would like to see is handout motors for all 3 classes and tight controls on car movements after motors are fitted. 

Cars should stay in park ferme (not in pit areas) unless being track tested. If a motor smokes up in testing (which from what I hear happened a few times at the Bull Ring Bathurst weekend) you get one more chance at purchasing another handout motor at a premium price of at least $25.00. SRP and Cheetah motors are very good and consistent from my experience. I'm happy to provide some funds to subsidise handout motors. In European racing, the second motor cannot be tested which should he adopted here as well.

Play with jungle juices like Inox at your peril. They can produce a rocket motor or send it up in smoke, but you should only get one opportunity to get a second motor. Smoked motors won't get much respect from me though. Magnet zappers should be banned and anyone seen with one at the event should be sent home IMO. 

My personal comments, treat them as you will.

- Cam

• Like 4