Australian Model Car Racers Forum

NSW Endurance Championships

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Porsche for the weekends action .....   

Hi, all packed and ready team Outer Towner's, looking forward to meting you all .

Personally I think 3 classes is a good move and spreading the love around with an open class (Garry Johnson chassis, Red Roo, whatever you want), Plafit FLM  and being personally privileged with Slotw

Posted Images

I trust the organisers will liaise with James on all aspects of the event next year. What happened this year regarding entry fees and ignoring James' authority was embarrassing and I think his tolerance may have been exhausted.

After all, he does own the place.

36 minutes ago, Axman said:

Sorry Benno, I posted in the wrong section. I will get Andrew to update the list but in the meantime he has released a Dodge Viper and Honda Acura nsx. Both are available from ACE Hobbies

Cheers Kim .... i noticed the image on ACE of the NSX is a Ronny Lutz painted GFK body ( not the actual lexan body ). Does anyone have an actual image of the lexan body painted or not ?

For those who missed Kim's question about ride height on my GT3 and LMP chassis.

My chassis have spacers on the rear of the motor box, some with brass and some with plastic. These can be sanded down, removed or replaced to change the ride height. The latest chassis can be adjusted with Plafit axle shims.

There really is no need to change the GT3 tyre rule.

26 minutes ago, Garry J said:

For those who missed Kim's question about ride height on my GT3 and LMP chassis.

My chassis have spacers on the rear of the motor box, some with brass and some with plastic. These can be sanded down, removed or replaced to change the ride height. The latest chassis can be adjusted with Plafit axle shims.

There really is no need to change the GT3 tyre rule.

Well Garry,  it's great your new chassis addresses these issues.. but its obviously a sore point for those of us that race your older chassis.

At least in LMP we used to be able to get decent clearance with the 27.7 specification  (2017 LMP rule set) and it worked fine, now, for whatever reason it's been reduced to 27.5. ( 2018 rule set) so there's even less run time per set of tyres.  

HSC MODEL CAR LEXAN SHOOTOUT 2019

Hi All
I am pleased to confirm that I will be the man on the ground regarding the organisation of the 2019 Model Car Race series to be held at Hornsby Slot Cars (HSC) in February.

In this endevour I am assisted by Kim and Noel and have; and will be further; relying on their mentoring and advice to ensure a great event.

Firstly the classes to be raced will be: -

GT 3
Sprint event for single drivers
FLM
2 member team
Porsche Cup
3 or 4 member team.

The current regulations for these cars will be in force.

The sprint/team format is following Pagey's lead at the recent Bathurst meet which was well received.

The racing will be over 2 days as usual being the weekend of 23/24 February. As per previous years the Friday before will be open practice.

All races will have handout motors which will supplied via a most generous sponsorship from Werner of Ace Hobbys.

The tuned and finalised schedule of events will be laid out in due course but please note the following:-

Scrutineering and Qualifying for the GT3 Sprint will be held on Friday and cars impounded overnight for an early start Saturday.

We want to have at least a 4 hour Enduro (and hopefully longer) for the Porsche Cup cars so this means that it will be a later finish than last year. Book for a later flight out of Sydney or leave Monday.

There is a limit of 16 Teams able to race in the Porsche Cup event. Previous entries will have priority BUT this expires on November 30 2018 after which date it will be first in best dressed.

So get building gents and don't forget to nominate your team and event.

Cheers.

Edited by FoxBox

FAT Racing is in for Teams

GT3

Mark

FLM

Mark and Darryl

Porsche Cup

Mark, Darryl and Stoo

Hey Gents I will need separate names for the GT3 Sprint event.

Also the make up of the Team Event if you would be so kind - as I have done above (TBA is for team events is OK at this stage if you are not sure)

10 hours ago, Axman said:

Well Garry,  it's great your new chassis addresses these issues.. but its obviously a sore point for those of us that race your older chassis.

At least in LMP we used to be able to get decent clearance with the 27.7 specification  (2017 LMP rule set) and it worked fine, now, for whatever reason it's been reduced to 27.5. ( 2018 rule set) so there's even less run time per set of tyres.  

Kim, the information I've provided is for the OLDER CHASSIS. Removing the 0.5mm spacers allows a 1mm variation in tyre diameter. I've had no problem running 27.5mm tyres on my cars and removing the spacers allows me to go to 26.6mm or start with the larger tyre for more clearance in longer races.

Since you chopped up your LMP it's now an Axton chassis and it's out of my hands. As for the GT3; Noel and yourself, and Noel and myself, have used my car to win at Red Racer without problems using 27.5mm tyres. Since I know you're an extremely capable builder, I don't understand how such a simple problem can be causing you so much angst.

Garry, no question about it.. love the chassis you build. just would like to have the option for increasing ride height as on the Red Roo. I dont want to take out the little blocks you put in to stop the motor plate "sticking"to the chassis plate. As I race your cars almost every week and not just for special events it's my only one gripe. 

I wont mention it again, and I will certainly be racing my Johnson chassis at the Hornsby event. 

regards,

Kim