Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Axman

Australian Scaleauto Championships 2018

Great to have you both visit us Pagey & Ben. Always a pleasure to race with you both. Thanks also to the other guys who made the trip from interstate, Rodney, Pierre, Greg and Mark.

I want to back up what Pagey has said, Werner did a fantastic job getting both the importer Leyman's and manufacturer Scaleauto on board for this race meet. Word has it that it will be bigger and better next year, with the possibility of 3 International teams attending with the venue to be announced.

Thanks to Kim, Simon and Bruce for race control.

Great meet, Great competitors, Great atmosphere Great weekend of racing

Cheers

Steve

Edited by ding
  • Like 3

Just another couple of notes I forgot about that happened on the weekend. Noel with all his success still had some very unusual moments that it appears are Bdatson trade marks for the history pages of slot car races. The only bloke who can safely say he has hit a full grown jack russel dog 🐕 on the race track . 😂😂😂😂 Not sure what was funnier? Noel’s reaction, Dogs reaction or Werner’s . Tony we can’t have dogs in here ! 😂😂😂 Then Pierres re-enactment of the famous Brooksy moment of lifting the track 2 feet in the air and then falling on the track and squashing Noel’s car. 😳🙈😂😂😂 Pierre disappears to the ground and no movement. Who happens to be driving past at that moment you ask ? Why of course Mr Bdatson. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 No Pierre’s were hurt during this re-enactment. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I cant wait for the next chapter in the race life of Bdatson. Kangaroo, wombat or some other road kill ? 😳🙈 Don’t worry something bizarre will happen. 😂😂😂

• Like 3

Like I said Pagey , things just go wrong for me unfortunately I’m always standing at a drivers panel of a slot car track.. things will only improve from here. Looking forward to your race meet in September.

• Like 1

I think Pagey and Steve have summed up the week end perfectly. A big congratulations to all the podium getters and to all of the competitors who attended the event.  The comraderie and sportsmanship shown by all competitors was outstanding and all should be commended for their efforts. Werner and Elke from Ace Hobbies as usual have organized another great event and with the support of Leemans Hobbies and IBB Spain it was a total success as noted by all. Thank you everyone for a top week end

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pagey said:

Just another couple of notes I forgot about that happened on the weekend. Noel with all his success still had some very unusual moments that it appears are Bdatson trade marks for the history pages of slot car races. The only bloke who can safely say he has hit a full grown jack russel dog 🐕 on the race track . 😂😂😂😂 Not sure what was funnier? Noel’s reaction, Dogs reaction or Werner’s . Tony we can’t have dogs in here ! 😂😂😂 Then Pierres re-enactment of the famous Brooksy moment of lifting the track 2 feet in the air and then falling on the track and squashing Noel’s car. 😳🙈😂😂😂 Pierre disappears to the ground and no movement. Who happens to be driving past at that moment you ask ? Why of course Mr Bdatson. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 No Pierre’s were hurt during this re-enactment. 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I cant wait for the next chapter in the race life of Bdatson. Kangaroo, wombat or some other road kill ? 😳🙈 Don’t worry something bizarre will happen. 😂😂😂

You missed Noels other good luck moments... His Carstein controller that stopped giving power so he went and used his Difalco only to have it completely loose brakes while he was leading the SC8003 event ... Grrr getting sick of these Difalco braking  issue's as it cost Nick a podium as well.

Great race weekend .. I will post race results soon,

• Like 3

RESULTS - 2018 ASC TEAMS RACE

2018 ASC 1:24 Team event.pdf

Amazing race, with a mix of the SC8000 and SC8003 chassis running together the outright placings were very surprising. The new SC8003 took the first 3 placings but the rest of the placings were a mix of both chassis. Race winners Bat L Ax ( Kim & Noel SC8003 ) finished with an 18 lap lead over the Victorian team Warhammer ( Greg & Mark SC8003) and Queensland Team Rolling Thunder (Sean & Richard SC8003 ) - both on 660 laps. The next three placings were all on the same lap with the Outsiders ( Steve & Nick SC8000) 4th outright and a class win, then the NSW Bull Ring Team ( Pagey & Benno SC8003) 5th outright - 4th in their class and the Gold Coast Eagles ( Bruce and Ashley SC8000) 6th outright and 2nd in their class. The open gearing obviously suited the new SC8003 chassis on the long Red Racer straights, but the older SC8000 really had the punch out of the corners so some great dicing took place.  

• Like 1

RESULTS - 2018 ASC 1/24 SPRINT EVENT PRO/AM SC8000 Chassis.

Again, really close results with only one lap separating 1st to 4th. Simon came out the winner one lap ahead of Noel, Greg and Kim all on the same lap. The race sheets attached are a bit confusing but with 19 entries there were too many entrants for computers round robin setup to do in one race so the top 8 qualifiers went into one event and the rest into a round robin.

Podium finishers were: Pro's 1st Simon 114 laps, 2nd Greg 113, 3rd Noel 113.   Am's 1st Ashley 110 laps, 2nd Grant 109, 3rd Bruce108.  

2018 ASC 8000 Sprint.pdf

• Like 1

RESULTS - 2018 ASC 1/24TH SPRINT EVENT PRO/AM SC8003 CHASSIS

The same front runners again in this race with Simon again coming out the winner one lap ahead of Noel for 2nd, Kim for 3rd.  4th place was so close with Greg, Sean and Andrew B all on the same lap in that order,  Again with 17 entries top qualifiers went into one race and the rest into a round robin.

What is really interesting is the laps are identical for the winners when you compare the SC8000 and SC8003 results... go figure!

Podium finishers were: Pro's Simon 114 laps. 2nd Noel 113 laps. 3rd Kim 112 laps.  Am's 1st Jacques 110 laps. 2nd Bruce 107 laps. 3rd Gerald 107 laps. 

2018 ASC 8003 Sprint.pdf

• Like 1

A couple more photo's of the event..

The two best cars for Concourse were presented by Benno.. tough decision.. the wheels are what pushed the pink pig over the line...

Great work Benno

DSCN4312.JPG.5568941caa0ddcca57f03b479d3b7bed.JPG

Rouges Gallery at the line-up...

1-DSCN3911-1.JPG.58840785c032a208795fa6be3884b54c.JPG

• Like 2

I have to echo what all those before me have said .... Such a fantastic weekend with friends some new & some old ( Noel :ph34r: ) and to top it off we had a race in there as well !!! As i said at the presentation, that track you Banana Benders :P have up there is simply awesome & as im sitting here writing this, it still defies belief that you guys dont race on it weekly.

I have to concur Pageys sentiments RE: Noel's luck or lack of it or whatever xD However jury is still out on what was funnier ..... the look on Noels face or the reaction from Werner ( Tony whose dog is this, is it your dog ? get it out its ruining the track )

I cant thank Noel & Donna enough for their hospitality, i really am grateful of the lengths you guys went to, to make me welcome & feel at home. Sorry Donna for chopping up more firewood at 1:30 in the morning ( it was Kims idea O.o , i still crack up at Kim throwing Noels poker into the fire ) 

Werner for the organisation of the event & the co-ordination of sponsorship ( both local & international ) really needs to be commended. As a small group, we really need to be supporting as many of these events as possible to help our hobby grow or at the very least maintain it !! 

Elke ..... well like i said at the presentation, unbelievable host !! She made sure all of us were looked after with breakfasts/snacks & coffee .... simply UNREAL 

And then there is Tony, well at least i can now say i follow RedRacer on BookFace for his daily updates 

Such a great event & hope we can do it all again ... perhaps down here next time 

Edited by Benno

On 7/28/2018 at 4:10 PM, Axman said:

A couple more photo's of the event..

The two best cars for Concourse were presented by Benno.. tough decision.. the wheels are what pushed the pink pig over the line...

Great work Benno

Kind words thanks Kim