Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Garry J

2019 HSC Endurance Championships

FoxBox

• FoxBox

HSC Lexan Shootout 2019 

Hi All
I am pleased to confirm that I will be the man on the ground regarding the organisation of the 2019 NSW Endurance Championship series to be held at Hornsby Slot Cars (HSC); 126a James Lane Hornsby.

In this endevour I am assisted by Kim and Noel and have; and will be further; relying on their mentoring and advice to ensure a great event.

Firstly the classes to be raced will be: -

Saturday
GT3
Sprint event for single drivers
FLM

2 member team

Sunday
Porsche Cup
3 or 4 member team.

The current regulations as posted on ACE Hobbies web Site for these cars will be in force.

https://www.acehobbies.com.au/galleries

Here is a Dropbox link to these regulations as PDF files to allow easy downloading and printing for your convenience: -

GT3

(inc Ratified Body list for 2019)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijteq2jyjcflnhc/2019 Regs - 124 Lexan GT3.pdf?dl=0

FLM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogfhaojzi4g5tlk/2019 Regs - 124 Formula LeMans.pdf?dl=0

NOTE Exception

Lights are not required for FLM as there is no night racing at this event - this means also that the light buckets do not require installation and the light lens may be painted in any fashion (including the body colour).

Porsche Cup

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qg0mlxw2puevrm/2019 Regs - 124 Porsche Cup.pdf?dl=0

The sprint/team format is following Pagey's lead at the recent Bathurst meet at the 'Bull Ring' which was well received.

The racing will be over 2 days as usual being the weekend of 23/24 February with the Friday before being open practice.

Entry Fees are as follows: -

Saturday’s Races are $20 per driver for each race. Monies to be paid at counter when nominating your entry (GT3)/team (FLM).

Sunday’s race (the BIG one) is $50 per driver. Monies to be paid to James when nominating your team.

Friday open practice will be $10 per driver all day.

All races will have handout motors which will supplied via a most generous sponsorship from Werner of Ace Hobbies.

The tuned and finalised schedule of events will be laid out in due course but please note the following:-

Scrutineering and Qualifying for the GT3 Sprint will be held on Friday and cars impounded overnight for an early start Saturday.

We want to have at least a 4 hour Enduro (and hopefully longer) for the Porsche Cup cars so this means that it will be a later finish than last year. Book for a later flight out of Sydney or leave Monday.

There is a limit of 16 Teams able to race in the Porsche Cup event. Previous entries will have priority BUT this expires on November 30 2018 after which date it will be first in best dressed.

So get building gents and don't forget to nominate your team and event.

Cheers.

Here is the Finalised Table of entries.

image.png

Please add Team Nissan to the entries list

GT3

Charles

Clinton

FLM

Charles. Clinton

Porsche Cup

Charles, Clinton, TBA

GT3

Cam, Noel, Kim and Pagey 

FLM

Cam and Noel             Slotworx 

Kim and Pagey.           Bull Ring 

Porsche Cup 

Cam, Noel,Kim and Pagey.     Slotworx 

Love the format. I would also suggest that you contact Brooksy for race director position.  He did a fantastic job last year at the Hornsby meet. Along with two big race meets at Bull Ring this year . Keeping on time to schedule and overall control . He also suggested, organised and ran the point score over a the Bathurst race meeting to get the overall championship driver . 

Cheers Pagey 

Team Phoenix all classes : 

GT3:

Garry J

Cody B 

Jason B

Benno

FLM :

PHOENIX 1 

Garry J - Cody

( subject to change as we determine necessary ) 

PHOENIX 2 

Brooksy - Benno 

SLOTWORX PORSCHE :

TEAM PHOENIX 

Garry J

Cody B 

Jason B

Benno

Edited by Benno

Hi Mr Fox

Please add Team Linfox to all Classes

GTs

Rodney

Troy 

FLM

Rodney,Troy

Porsche Cup

Rodney, Troy, John

Thanks

Gents

Please note that the information required to get the entries sorted out is as follows : -

For the GT3 Sprint

Individual names of all the competitors entering.

eg:-

Mark

For the 2 person team for FLM

Mark and Darryl

For the 3/4 person Porsche Cup

Mark, Darryl and Stoo

Thank you Victory for getting it right first time.

For Phoenix, Out of Towners and Slotworx etc can you please clarify as to who is racing in the sprints and what is the composition of the FLM 2 person teams.

Also rest assured all interested parties that I am going to be using all the resources at my disposal to make this as good or better than all previous HSC events. I am certainly hoping that Jason will assist as Master of Ceremonies and that I can conscript a few likely lads to assist with Scrutineering and other administrative processes. I also have the backing of Noel and Kim as the Bored of Directors (pun intended) to help oil the way.

Accordingly please read the final few posts   on this subject in last year's thread relating to the timing of events. In particular PLEASE consider the necessity to book tickets out of Sydney late on Sunday or on Monday if you want to fully participate in what I am sure will be a great couple of days of racing and bonding with like hearted lunatics.

Thanks.

Outer Towners

GT3

Ian 

Jack

Paul

FLM Jack and Ian

Paul and TBA

Porsche cup

Ian Jack  Paul

Looking for driver for FLM.

6 hours ago, Garry J said:

We want to have at least a 4 hour Enduro (and hopefully longer) for the Porsche Cup cars so this means that it will be a later finish than last year. Book for a later flight out of Sydney or leave Monday.

and to also quote @FoxBox In particular PLEASE consider the necessity to book tickets out of Sydney late on Sunday or on Monday if you want to fully participate in what I am sure will be a great couple of days of racing and bonding with like hearted lunatics.

Edited by Benno
  • Like 1

Please amend the Team Nissan entry to:

GT3

Charles

Clinton

Steve E

FLM

Charles. Clinton

Steve E, TBA

Porsche Cup

Charles, Clinton, Steve E, TBA

GT3

Greg 

Brett 

FLM

Garage Heroes 

Brett, Greg 

Porshe Cup

Greg, Brett, tba, tba.

Great to see that Steve E is back ! Howlong has it been ? 😂😂😂 Bring your drinking boots 👢 big fella . 👍🏻🎉🍺🍺

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great start so far guys keep them rolling in.

19 hours ago, Pagey said:

Great to see that Steve E is back ! Howlong has it been ? 😂😂😂 Bring your drinking boots 👢 big fella . 👍🏻🎉🍺🍺

You have special boots for drinking Pagey - legend - or do you mean the old "wobbly boot"?

• Like 2

Anything from thongs to gum boots Foxy.  All drinking boots for me , I do however have some favourites . 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🤓

Hopefully your on a upward swing mate . Sadly missed . Next year and even a Bull Ring appearance would be great. 

4 hours ago, Garry J said:

I must remember to pack lemons and salt  😎

Yes you will xD

Just been to an awesome comedy evening in the Big Apple - a beer and a tequila shot for  $6 - of course the acts were great  😆

• Like 2

FLM and Porsche Cup Classes - Rule clarification.

Mr For can you please confirm if these two classes of car will require lights to be installed and operational.

No lights required for any class - no 'black out' racing as per previous HSC races in this event.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris1810 said:

Whats the next best place after the bluegum?

The blue oyster bar? 😘

5023458490_ebd451a90f.jpg.2e8f21f6d3b35bd5a35f5b7c660c4e01.jpg

Sounds like just the place for you Chris !

Edited by Benno
  • Haha 1