Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2019 HSC Endurance Championships

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A photo montage of the weekends racing (racing only - what happens at the Blue Gum stays at the Blue Gum).   Thanks for coming.   See you all same time same place 2020.

it’s always easy to chime in down the thread and echo everyone’s sentiments above , however I like to thank Mark Fox on a personal level and also from a competitors stand point for organizing the most

Is that the tattoo from your back Ben?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Peter D said:

Hi Mark , I would like to enter the GT3 race , and I am available if any one wants a driver for the Porsche Cup . I will enter the FLM too if I can get another driver . Peter D

I’m looking for two drivers Peter. 

Are you keen in joining us?

7 hours ago, Jason Bell said:

In the Porsche Cup race I am honored to be a member of Team Phoenix, but I'm pretty certain that team will be better served by Jason Brooks being apart of the team! LOL 

Does that mean we driver/team swap during the race? Might double our chances!

19 hours ago, Peter D said:

Hi Mark can you tell me how long the FLM and Porsche races will be ?  

Hi Peter and others

It will be a tight schedule but I will be aiming for:-

GT3 Races of 5 min Brackets = 40min

FLM Races of 10 min Brackets = 80 min

Porsche Cup Round Robin Race Format of 45 min Brackets = 6 hours

I am working on a full schedule and time-line which I will make available in good time.

This means (as I and others have repeatedly stated from the very beginning) a late exit from Sydney so please plan accordingly.

Regards

Can we ratify if the new bodies from Andrew ( Viper & NSX ) can be used for this event please ?

There have been no amendments to any rules regarding this, and the last thing i and assuming others want to do is spend hours painting something that will be poo-pooed on race weekend.

2 hours ago, Benno said:

Can we ratify if the new bodies from Andrew ( Viper & NSX ) can be used for this event please ?

Hey Benno,

Yes they are ratified - the rules have been amended.

As per my original post the Rule set used will be on Werner's Ace Hobbies Site - this site has the updated body list which includes the new Viper & NSX.

https://www.acehobbies.com.au/galleries/category/14-2018regulations-124lexangt3

Cheers

13 minutes ago, FoxBox said:

Hey Benno,

Yes they are ratified - the rules have been amended.

As per my original post the Rule set used will be on Werner's Ace Hobbies Site - this site has the updated body list which includes the new Viper & NSX.

https://www.acehobbies.com.au/galleries/category/14-2018regulations-124lexangt3

Cheers

Thanks Foxy ... it appears i may need to be more attentive !! I was looking at Andrews, list in his GT3 regs post 

Yes that list is not up to date.

In all instances if there are any variations between posted Rule Sets; the version on Ace Hobbies site will prevail together with any exceptions noted in this specific Forum Topic (such as the FLM cars not requiring lights for this event).

I will post links to PDF versions of the Rules to a Dropbox for all to access and download/print.

Cheers

• Like 1
On 12/1/2018 at 12:06 PM, Victory said:

FoxBox - FLM Rule Clarification please

You have already confirmed that lights are not required as it will be a day race.

Are light buckets required or can the lights just be painted over in body colour with no light buckets installed. 

Sorry to take so long to respond to this but my fabulous NBN inter-widget connection thing has not been working for a couple of days.

However your interpretation is correct: - No lights = No light buckets = Paint it however you like.

You may also consider masking the lights lens area with some coloured tape to facilitate future conversion to a lighted body (just a thought).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Entries Closed

There have been no new nominations for the Porsche Cup Enduro for well over a month now and only one further entry for the FLM Team and one for the GT3 Sprint in that time.

So bearing in mind that some need to organise air travel etc and that the preferential cut off date for previous competitors was November 30th I have decided to close entries.

For those that need to organise getting out of Sydney on the Sunday here is the anticipated schedule for Sunday's big race - a 10 Team round - six hour robin event - all teams will race for the 6 hours and so the total race time will be 7.5 hours plus lane changes plus track-calls.

image.png

So as you can see we should be done and dusted on Sunday by 6:00 PM if all goes according to plan.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 5:13 PM, steve38 said:

Foxy, do you know when the track will open on Friday and when it will close for GT3 qualifying? 

Hi Steve and others

Here is the WIP programme for Friday: -

image.png

Naturally this is a bit flexible as tech may take a little more or less time  and the track may close a little later or earlier depending on how long the racing scheduled to start on the Big Track takes to complete.

GT3 cars will be impounded after Qualifying but the track will be available for FLM and Porsche Cup  practice after the GT3 Lane Draw - personally at this point I will probably be adjourning to the Pub for technical discussions.

There have been a few pull-outs for various reasons so this opens up 1 FLM Team spot and 2 (and maybe 3) GT3 spots if anybody is interested? Please see my original post for an updated listing of entries.

One Porsche Cup team has also pulled out and rather than open up this spot I would prefer not to so as to enable a more relaxed start and an earlier finish.

Cheers

G’day Mr Fox 🦊, when will the hand out motors be happening? At a control area or at your bench ?  Also are the cars then back into scrutineering  control area? Before qualifying are we allowed  to test motor on track ? If you are not happy with your motor are you able to buy another? Are you allowed  to run your motor on a power supply after installation for running in ? Just like to see a fair and controlled race meeting. 

Cheers Pagey 

Fox, for your consideration.. I know you have been to a few of these events but generally we all sit down at the big table while the headmaster watches over us.  The pre labeled/engraved motors ( be good if Werner could do this)  are then picked out of a hat by teams and then installed straight away into the chassis. Drivers can test the car on the track and decide whether to keep it or pay for another. All work on the car is in a supervised area. Cars  then go to scrutineering and motors are re checked as a part of the process. Cars are impounded until qualifying and race time. Just prior to qualifying ( in a designated area - not the drivers pit area) it's the drivers  responsibility to check the body has been screwed back on correctly by the scrutineer.  Tyre's and braids can be cleaned and checked. As soon as the driver has completed qualifying the car is then impounded until race time. 

• Like 1