Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Axman

Red Racer Christmas Challenge December 3rd

Hi all,  there has been a lot of interest in this event and now have 9 teams wanting to race.  

Teams entered are: 

Narangba 1 - Simon & Andrew

Narangba 2 - Sean & Richard

WW Racing - Werner & John

Kiwi Racing - Grant & Gerald

Team Wannabe - Steve & Paul

Bat L Ax - Noel & Kim

Old Flaggy's - John & Glynn

Outsiders - Nick & Greg

Zone 4 - Allan and Eric 

A few changes have been made to the classes and revisions have been made to comply with the National Ruleset so this race can have the following classifications. 

9am to 11am  SCALEAUTO  2 hour State TitleTeam race - This only applies to the 2016/2017 rule set for the SC 8000 chassis to 2016/17 rules with 1.8 mm start clearance. Motors - Scaleauto Enduro 12/44 & NSR 10/44. 

For those choosing to run the new chassis ( SC8003) a formal ruleset is not in place yet so for this event cars must have a minimum of 1mm clearance and the Standard Scaleauto Endurance motor only -  Note - No lexan body parts  - Standard interior and windows must be used.

Trophys for the new class will be called Scaleauto Production. 

11.30am to 1.30pm SLOTWORX V8 - 2 hour State Title teams race -

The Slotworx National ruleset which states for motor & Gears: a) "13d motors like Plafit or SRP to be specified before race."  Therefore for this event the Fox 4 motor is specified. All gearing and all other aspects to National Slotworx Rules.

2pm to 4pm Lexan GT3  - 2 hour State Title teams race. Cars to National rules. Note. Gearing is now standard 12/44 and SRP longcan motor to comply with National Rules.

General Rules:

Event will have a maximun of 2 hours race time - two drivers per team sharing the race time equally.

All cars may run either Scaleauto or Plafit Black Magic tyres. All classes minimum  start clearance of 1mm,  ( except SC8000 - 1.8mm ). Cars will be checked for clearance at halftime. Any cars deemed to be too low ( less than .5mm) will be removed from the track. All mechanical repairs and tyre changes can only be executed under green (during race time) - no work on cars during lane changes  

Trophy's will be presented for each class straight after each event.  There will also be a concours prize for both Slotworx V8 and GT3. 

Racing costs will be $15 per driver per class. 

These rules are now final. Any Team changes or late entry Teams please PM me.

Looking forward to a great event and seeing everyone trackside.

Kim Axton 

• Like 3

The "Wannabe's" are in for all three classes thanks Kim.

Drivers are Paul Stokel and myself. Looking forward to some close hard racing.

Cheers

ding...:P

Thanks Ding... I've got you entered. Wow.. tough gig.. racing with a real racing driver. 

Again nice work Kim. Thanks for organizing. Will be interesting to see how the new SA goes 

On 11/5/2017 at 4:07 AM, Noel said:

Again nice work Kim. Thanks for organizing. Will be interesting to see how the new SA goes 

Yep.. going to be an interesting weekend. Pretty much half the field are running the old car and the other half the new. As the guys had new cars virtually unmodified it was a good opportunity to test them out with minimal modifications.   

We decided for this event to not even try and get some form of performance parity between old and new. In Europe they race these cars together but as separate classes so we've got trophy's up for both.. Old chassis existing 2016/17 rules - For the new chassis we're running close to the Euro rules with no lexan windows or interior, only the new SC Enduro motor and 1mm clearance with gearing to suit the track being raced on.  BTW.. the new Scaleauto Enduro  motor is a beast. With testing at Red Racer can you believe 14/44 gearing seems to work best!  

hi Kim

can you tell me the part no of the new SC motor please? want to do some read up on it.

cheers

rick

Yes Kim it will be interesting to see the new chassis perform on the track.. I’m actually going to RR on the weekend to test several of the new cars with the standard SA motor. I will be changing up the gearing to record the variances so time  and track testing will tell. 

Kim, I think you meant to put my name on Narangba 2, not John. Cheers. 

Oops, Sorry Sean. Sorted.  

21 hours ago, RICK said:

hi Kim

can you tell me the part no of the new SC motor please? want to do some read up on it.

cheers

rick

Hi Rick.. just to clarify... The "new" Scaleauto Enduro motor has the same part number as the old one...

Whats different is the artwork for the foil wrap on the motor and  it comes standard with the new Scaleauto SC8003 chassis.  

Performace wise it seems to have more grunt but the specs printed on the motor wrap indicate it should still be the same.

As Noel says on the post above he and Werner are going with a few cars this weekend to RR and doing some testing.

I will post the lap times etc as soon as I know.  

I am really looking forward to this event. 

I for one will be looking at the Scaleauto race with great interest, we will finally get to compare the new and old chassis and will get a better idea of what we will need for parity in the future. I also like the choise of Fox 4 motors for the V8's as they seem better suited on the Redracer Track. GT3 will be an absolute hoot, fast cars on a wide open fast track, like I said can't wait.....

The WANNABE's are pumped......;) xD

Cheers

Hi Steve 

there will not be a comparison with old to new Scale Auto as they are running to different rule sets. Motors and ride height are the two major differences. Your SA went really well as a stock build out of the box. How ever you are right in that it will be a good Christmas break up race, good to see you today mate.

Yes, my bad Noel. Hope I did not upset anyone with my misguided comments.......:o

As you say, great to catch up, see you on the 25th or the 3rd.

Cheers

All Good Steve nothing was  said to be upset about mate.... I’m going to RR next Friday night to do some more testing are you able to come ?

Hi kim

The new Viper which was slightly raced tuned but near enough stock out of the box ran 8.4s. The track was not bad but I do think in its current trim on a good track I reckon there was another 10th maybe a touch more. Steve’s SA and I think it was a Z4 looked very good on track sitting quite flat and looking stable. Remembering these have the standard interior in them their weight was not bad. The Viper coming in at 195.6 grams and the Z4 about 3 grams lighter. This weight difference I think would be in the interior as the Viper’s interior looks like an aircraft carrier and the Z4’s like 6 foot tinny in comparison. Surprisingly they handled very well and went good enough with the standard motor. Werner has given me the Viper to put on my work bench and see what else I can get out of it. Will be testing this coming Friday night.

• Like 1

Great practice sesh today at RR. Good to meet the Gold Coast boys for the first time , great bunch of blokes. Looking forward to  a great race day with top bunch of blokes.

Great to see so many practising for this event yesterday on the international Plafit Masters track located at Red Racer.  

As I had a few problems finding a supplier to replicate last years number plate trophy's I had to go in a different direction.

With the help of fellow racers Simon Wakelin and Peter Shannon I think slot car trophies have just gone to a new level.

Simon made the correct size number plate's in his workshop from aluminium sandwich panel and Peter, a slot car racer and graphic artist of extraordinary talents has done the art - different for each event.

Cant wait to present these... I'm pretty sure the racers will really want one!

5a1a9ed8b634e_NumberPlate8_50.jpg.c5b419dac6301f240bdb72e1108dcdb3.jpg

Great work Kim and Co, they look sensational.

Edited by ding
Can't spell

Great looking trophies 

Kim very unique. Good to see some racers from different clubs getting together for a fun race day on the big track. Will be an enjoyable day. Thanks again Kim for the organization of the event