Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Axman

River City 12 hour Enduro

My work lab classes conflict with going to the event so unfortunately I'll have to pull out.

• Sad 1

Sorry to have you missing out . I was especially looking forward to the fun on road trip as in the past . Next one ☝️ 

Cheers Pagey 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, Axman said:

Hi Cody, heard you are now racing with the Bullring Boys... now just gotta find a ride for your old man...

Hey Kim, 

Confirming Cody is racing with BullRing 

• Like 1

Cody, you replaced Cam... max of 4 to a team so no spots for Wayne yet. 

Just wondering if there’s any news on a spot for the old man??? He’s still coming regardless so he can learn from you guys and possibly get track time for when he starts racing full time 

On 3/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, Cody B. said:

Just wondering if there’s any news on a spot for the old man??? He’s still coming regardless so he can learn from you guys and possibly get track time for when he starts racing full time 

Hey Cody.. Got a drive for Wayne in Jacks Team.. Jack builds fast cars but has other commitments later in the day so is happy for Wayne to step in and run the full race with the other team members who are two local guys - Cam and Jason and Rodney from NSW. Jack will supply the car and stay on as team manager for some of the day.

• Like 1

Rivercity has now converted to the National plug system so you no longer need adaptors to race up here.. As a lap time target last night the fast guys were getting into the 7.3 second lap times.. Tyre wear may be an issue on the Plafit Masters track as the track surface is a factory matt vinyl finish and more abrasive on tyres than a normal gloss paint.  

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3037 (1).JPG

Axman wow thank you so much and thank you to jacks team I know dad will appreciate this and I know he’s always wanted to drive on this track as much as I have thank you guys can’t wait 

• Thanks 1

Rivercity Update...

Track Hours

Friday: Shop opens 10am for all day practise.. $20 for all day or $10 evening only.

Saturday: Shop opens 8am for entries and motor handout and track testing to 8.45. Then scrutineering and concours. 

Race start will be at 9.15am.

Food: The track kitchen will have bacon and egg roles on sale for breakfast time and burgers later in the day for $5 each.  

A race committee has now been formed fro this event comprising Greg Colgan, Glen Page, Noel Batson and myself to handle any disputes and help in the running of the event. Werner from Ace hobbies is generously supplying the SRP race motors and his time to be the head scrutineer assisted by the race committee.

Concours: There will be a concours trophy - Judging will be by the race committee

Live Footage Stephen Clarke from Slotstream will be providing all day race coverage. A multitude of camera's will be trackside to catch the action and driver interviews. See the action @ slotstream on facebook and dont forget to get your free Slotstream slotbox stickers on race day..

Team selection: Go to the first post on this forum for the latest update.

• Like 2

Great up date Kim . Really looking forward to the challenge of racing Qlders in Qld . Awesome weekend with plenty of fun ahead. Can’t wait. I’m that excited I’m cutting laps at Bathurst to get my eye in for next weekend. 😳😂😂😂🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

247CE3D9-223B-43E3-8788-EA2F2DE118E4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Go Pagey go... wait a minute.. is that the trusty Nissan 4wd with navigation to show you where the track goes?

• Haha 1

So with only 4 days left before this great event who’s ready show us your rides

Rivercity Update - Track will now be open from 7am 

Big thanks to Peter and Werner for opening the shop early so teams will have more time to install handout motors and track testing. Race start time remains the same with all cars required to be on the scrutineers table by 8.45am for tech and concours.

Peter will have bacon and egg burgers from the track kitchen so you wont miss out on breakfast!
See you Saturday, 
cleardot.gif
  • Like 2

Bull Ring army is getting close for travel North . These are our practice cars . Ben has our weapons for Saturday war. 😂😂 Can’t wait and have spent plenty of time polishing my drinking shoes 👞🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🎉🎉🎉

Cheers Pagey 

5A5BA21F-48C0-4D58-9FC1-4BC01E22CA9A.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yup .... about as ready as I’ll ever be ..... 🤣🤣🤣 🍻🍺🍺

117BE1F6-F30E-4491-9145-D704B0D3766F.jpeg

• Like 5

So I just noticed that there’s trophy’s for highest placed AM team what classified as an am team people new to these cars? Or people new to slot cars in general?

Haha.. definately  not you Cody. It's to encourage local racers to have a go.  

6 hours ago, dwellem said:

A silly question, Wha is the address for he even

The corner of Oxley ave and Wighton st Margate 

Looks like it was a Fantastic event . Great coverage with the live feed on Facebook. Congratulations to the podium getters and all the competitors. I definitely would be interested in racing in this type of event next time . Looking forward to seeing a few of you guys in Adelaide , June long weekend . 

Kind Regards

Mark 

Cobra 🐍

• Like 1

Well ... what a weekend of racing that was !! 

What was a roller coaster ride of a race ended with us very lucky enough to have grabbed the last step on the podium on what could have been considered one of the toughest fields in Australia. The road trip with Pagey & Brooksy was awesome ! 

Must thank all my team mates Pagey, Brooksy & Cody for a killer effort and the never say die attitude, to drive back through the pack after setback after setback was simply amazing :)

Kim, mate you did a fantastic job on the organisation & running of the event, all your efforts and praise are well deserved.

Werner, again your contributions & support of our hobby is unparalleled, thankyou 

And all our fellow competitors, man, you guys rock ! I had such a blast catching up with friends old & new ..... and the racing was relentless & really clean ( we knew we had our work cut out for us even before we hit the road because you guys are fast and dont crash ). 

Sandman ( Stephen Clarke ) .... you opened the eyes to a part of the hobby that many never knew existed, and the time/money/effort you invested into this event was insane ! i, as im sure like most had friends messaging me all day because they were able to watch and enjoy the racing. Really look forward to seeing this part of our hobby grow and help get maximum exposure, couple that with your duties and resulting win in the AM category well done dude O.o

Biggest thanks and congrats for me, must go to Noel ... yours and Donna's hospitality was again incredible and immeasurable !!!  Nothing is too much trouble for you guys and and i sometimes feel that saying 'thankyou ' just isnt enough.

Congrats to race winners & ACE Racing ( Noel,Werner & Jon ) & also BVR Gold Coast ( Kim, Bruce, Nick & Mark ) you guys were the class act of the weekend.

Also to anyone else i may have forgotten to thank or congratulate , its not deliberate, but the brain isnt really operational today ( well not yet ) 

Race results attached, although not combined : 

IMG-1893.JPG.e995e5c2284fee7a16528a428017890a.JPG

IMG-1894.JPG.68669f40fceb94ae24c78527f2e3dcdb.JPG

IMG-1895.JPG.6f5e04326a6299baab34502802ca6581.JPG

Cheers 

Benno :ph34r:

• Like 5

Looks like I missed an awesome event, will definitely try and line up a run with a team next year.

I like that track.

The web coverage really impressive, thoroughly enjoyed watching from down here through the day. Loved the commentary.

Well done team Ace on the win and also well done to my home town guys Bull Ring for an amazing come back into 3rd...I thought you guys were shot ducks!

Looks like you excelled again Kim with the organising.

Keen for next year, work can FO!

Cheers,

- Cam

• Like 1

Any chance of having the Slotworx Porsche body homologated for this event?

Enjoyed watching the even line online. Cars look quick thats for sure.

Question. With over a dozen different bodies, why is everyone favoring McLarens? Just wondering if they vacforms, surely others must be just as competitive? 

Cheers gents

regards

Al in Cape Town