Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Axman

River City 12 hour Enduro

Hey Cam

I actually heard Adam Spencer use that slut term also and yes he is the man of math for sure especially in making concepts somewhat accessible to those with a limited math background.

Cheers

There are some solid stats and numbers right there. For someone a couple of thousand km's away, and I was live watching the stream for at least half of that race, I was amazed at how few off's there were. yes there were a few, but it seemed ACE had very few from what  I saw, and I was watching them as  I've done some business with Werner over the years, thus my interest.

I must also agree based on results we've had locally, where cars not doing the quickest lap times ended up being the winners because they weren't as nervous to drive. Doing a couple of low times doesn't beat the other teams doing all their laps slightly slower, but the overall result puts them ahead due to less off's, and more consistent times across all the lanes.

Numbers don't lie at the end of the day.

Al

• Like 4

On 4/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, Cody B. said:

One thing I’d like to mention and that I noticed and which I think needs to be mentioned is to do with Marshall’s now there were times where there’d be two Marshall’s on a corner and multiple cars would come off and BOTH of them would only use one hand to pick up the cars now if the Marshall’s used both hands to clear track for the other drivers there would be less track calls and timing for racing would be so much better  

Saw this a couple of days ago and let it ride but now I would like to ask how can marshals possibly use two hands when one hand is constantly holding a mobile phone, texting or watching Youtube or updating Facebook - or whatever?

It also helps if marshals actually watch the corner rather than maintaining eye contact with the whoever they are deep in conversation with?

Just my 2 cents worth - we all like to do our best but I think some application and concentration is required to do that 😑

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxBox said:

Saw this a couple of days ago and let it ride but now I would like to ask how can marshals possibly use two hands when one hand is constantly holding a mobile phone, texting or watching Youtube or updating Facebook - or whatever?

It also helps if marshals actually watch the corner rather than maintaining eye contact with the whoever they are deep in conversation with?

Just my 2 cents worth - we all like to do our best but I think some application and concentration is required to do that 😑

:D:DxD:P

ss+(2019-04-13+at+08.51.28).png

Ha 😑

I can only refer you to my sign-off: -

Do Less with More Focus

Cheers Benno

Yes  we all go on about Marshalling. I think we all do the best we can poorly marked lanes do not help. Watching nearly all the 12 hour great feed there were some calling track calls with one car off there car of coarse. My opinion is to stay  cool abuse a marshal will not get you any favours..

Yep.. it is hard to find colour dots on the Plafit Masters track.. especially at night!. That is being addressed for future events.

Not that straight forward Cody.. the track can be multi configured for different layouts and to suit various shop sizes. If we "striped" and changed to another configuration you would have black lanes lining up with red...    

Make the dots bigger and more legible then - or redo the stripes when the track is moved - surely it’s not that hard?

I have not seen the track , I think why would you mark any track that has been CNC that would be great not,  put lines on it like every other track if moved re do it no big deal as we all know tracks do not sell fast big ones. Mark you are spot on.

Track is not owned by RiverCity though, its owned by Werner, Simon & Andrew.

Its not as simple as just painting some lines as the finish on the track isnt painted, its a textured vinyl wrap and as stated the track is multi layout capable. I think the only possible solution could be to pinstripe the lanes with vinyl, but would it adhere correctly to the existing stuff ??

I actually dont find the marking of lanes to really be an issue