Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Wayne Bramble

New Slotworx Porsche Series @ HSC.

HSC, Is starting a series for Slotworx Porsche’s We will use the Australian Rules except Wheel inserts will be optional. Racers start at 6pm on a Saturday night.

RACE 1.........22/06

RACE 2.........20/07

RACE 3.........17/08

RACE 4.........21/09

RACE 5.........19/10

RACE6..........16/11

Any Questions contact Wayne Bramble 0478 377 130

• Like 4

Awesome stuff Wayne . I’m sure you will get BullRing racers as regular visitors. Boys have already indicated interest in coming up . Fantastic class as we seen on the weekend and any chance to race on Hornsby track is just great . Thank you for organising and advertising dates so early for blokes to organise work etc . 👍🏻

Cheers Pagey 

Hi Chris we are looking at 4 or 5min heats. Racing starts at 6pm lane draw from hat ( no qual) Racing will be done by 9pm. $10 entry fee. This is a 6round series with points awarded each round with Tophies at end of series for  1st 2nd & 3rd

wayne

• Like 1

Awesome Wayne ... look forward to some more racing at Hornsby !! 

However, there is a date conflict for July ... this overlaps with the Bathurst in July at Pageys.

Is there room in James' calendar to date swap with a Scaletrix night ?  

I’ll be there and coming from The Entrance area and finish what I’ll be doing around 4.30 to 5pm and heading straight there. 

I know it’s about an hour to get there from where I’ll be. 

Looking forward to the first round - how many starters are there: -

So far I can deduce: -

Me

Darryl

Wayne

Cody

JJ

Benno

Pagey

Brooksey

Others ????????????????????????????????????????

Also Wayne a couple of questions : -

On 6/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, Benno said:

However, there is a date conflict for July ... this overlaps with the Bathurst in July at Pageys. 

Whats happening here - you wont have many starters for this round given the conflict.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:57 PM, Wayne Bramble said:

we are looking at 4 or 5min heats.

So is it 4 or 5 min heats?

Cheers

Jake Burton also yes round 2 will be cancelled  Round 1 will have 30sec QUAL and 4 min heats all other rounds will be 5min heats with lane choice done by point score placing

There will be a few drivers from the Armchair/One:32nd World group that will be participating.  Drivers include:

* John Van Dyk

* Peter Janasek

* Gregg Treagle

* Jason Brooks (Racing depending on number of entries)

Will spare motors (SRP25 Long Can) be available for purchase this Saturday? I know for a fact Peter J is after one for the great race!

See you Saturday,

Brooksy.

Unfortunately I won’t make it for this round. Very disappointed to miss out on the fun . 

Cheers Pagey 

Well the first round is in the books we had a good turnout with 12 starters it was good racing these cars again here is a photo of my car complete and some results

CE364C68-66AB-4733-A8C5-F4F05E274203.jpeg

067F1A7C-D8CD-442A-9B87-A5B5528EF6FF.jpeg

5111E662-0B63-4613-B911-E9803DC521F4.jpeg

084A0C96-03A6-49E7-A330-1CD86E62FC45.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Well done looks like a great event, Wayne and Cody for organising it and great lap times

Cody must have the  Porsche hooked up well.

Edited by kart.68

Well done Bramble "boys" .. thats great you organising this event.. 12 entries is a good start for a new series.. I'm sure you will get more on board. The Slotworx cup cars are a lot of bang for your buck.. I really like this class because to go fast you really have to drive them... get em smooth.. and stay on!

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,.. Cody obviously Couldn't Wait for me to 'post' the Full Race Report with all the Race Sheets and pics etc,..lol

I have put the correct Link and some 'Teaser' pics in the Correct HSC section on This forum, as this 'thread' is I guess realistically, in the Wrong place, as this is the 'National Events' thread.

There were actually 13 Entries including myself as James had entered me into the computer thinking I was racing (Not having a car, I went to just take Pics and to Report on the event, but Wayne loaned me His car to race :) )

The Full Report and pics can be found on the ASCRA Forum, in the Model Car Racing Section Here: http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1494

Cheers :)

Edited by Stoo23