Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Pagey

Bathurst in July. National Club Challenge

For those of you who have not raced here you will not be disappointed. Great atmosphere, great track, lots of fun and close racing. We are very lucky as a club to have this track so close to home and should be proud of Glen and the time that goes into it. As Molly says "Do yourself a favour"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Pagey

Just confirming that FAT Racing (Fox and Darryl) are on for all the Team events and I will also race in the V8 event as well.

Really looking forward to those toasted sambos again (and the racing of course) 🤤

Cheers Mate

• Like 2

hi pagey thanks for adding serge and myself (sugar ant) for this awesome racing weekend,cant wait to catch up with everyone,this is trully an awesome track to race on and a lovely bunch of guys to be associated with.

• Like 1

Hey Pagey

Just got my V8 from Cam today so have been having fun getting it assembled for the Bull Ring and reading the rules leads me to a couple of questions (sorry if these items have been covered but I could not find).

image.png

I am assuming SRP 25 for sure?

image.png

Is it the 12 like GT3 or 13 like Porsche Cup?

Cheers and see you in Qld.

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2019 at 9:12 PM, FoxBox said:

Hey Pagey

Just got my V8 from Cam today so have been having fun getting it assembled for the Bull Ring and reading the rules leads me to a couple of questions (sorry if these items have been covered but I could not find).

image.png

I am assuming SRP 25 for sure? FOX4

image.png

Is it the 12 like GT3 or 13 like Porsche Cup? 12

Cheers and see you in Qld.

Edited by Benno

G’day Foxy . The pinion as track I have nominate a 12 T . That is in front page I’m sure . The motor is a hand out and I haven’t listed it yet as I was in negotiations with Werner as a very Welcome Sponsorship. He has requested we us Fox4 as it’s a parity class it doesn’t mater . If you practice with a SRP you won’t notice a huge difference in performance in car set up . Just looking it was already nominated also . Foxy you don’t miss details ? Bad day 😱

Cheers Pagey 

Thanks Gents

Well I missed that detail for sure - yep on the first post as you said.

• Haha 1

Hey Pagey,      don,t want to miss out on any racing,  so put me down for the V8 supercars  also,,

thanks Darryl 

• Like 1

Go Darryl

I am in the process of building a V8 as well 😑

Go 'FAT Racing'

Its gunna be awesome 🤩🤩

• Like 2

Hi Pagey,

Can I please enter team Slotworx, Garry Johnson and myself for all classes.

Cheers,

- Cam

• Like 3

Wow thanks for the support everyone. We have 16 teams and at this stage 31 drivers. I hate to close off the event entries but I feel with the numbers that have nominated, to get the race program and time on track we want that’s it . Please if anyone still wants to get in we will have a reserve list as people have been known to drop out from time to time . Thanks again to all the nominees and truely looking forward to a top event again . 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done Glenn, another quality event at the Bull Ring.  The response is a credit to you and your track.

Best wishes for the event!

Steve

• Thanks 1

Goes to show.. put a bar next to a slot car track and they will come...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks Brooksy for stepping up as our race director again . Your professionalism is already evident with the program. Really appreciate your efforts. 🧐👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Please make sure you have a close look at start and finish times of schedule. Due to the amount of racing and track time that Jason has organised for us it’s important to be on time and allow travel times to and from if you are traveling especially from interstate.We cannot hold up the event for late competitors.  ShellHarbour Junction railway station is approximately 2hrs from Sydney airport. The train actually runs out of the domestic terminal. You have one change at Wolli Creek then straight through to Shellharbour Junction on the South Coast Line. We can pick you up from station only 2km from venue.

1.Go into Apps and download the Opal Travel App.

2. Go to trip planner. 

3. In current location type Sydney Domestic Airport Station

4. In destination type Shellharbour  Junction 

5. Times will be shown - select Departing Now it select date and time.

You can get a ticket at the station

booth or use your credit card at the train station.

6. If using card, make sure you have tapped on and off at station entry and exits. 

Looking forward to catching up and racing again at the Bull Ring . 

Cheers Pagey 

Please also take note of the Porsche race . It is a once through the lanes at 20 minutes per lane . So a 2 man team will obviously have a driver change at the 10 min mark under green . If you have nominated a 4 man team it will be a driver change under green every 5 minutes. Maybe you might change your nomination with that in mind ? Happy to go with either option has Brooksy has worked out the program to suit 16 teams if required. Please let us know if you do want the nomination changed as soon as possible. 

Cheers Pagey 

Pagey,   can you put outer towners in Porsche as Jack  Ian 1 and 2 Paul  Alvaro please.

• Like 1

Very professional Brooksy, well done.

Looking forward to this event.

- Cam

• Haha 1

Just checking, are there any lights needed for night racing if any?

hello Jason and Glen

could you please split team Monster unto two for the porsche race.

thanks

We have decided that this year the Porsche race will not require lights . Even though it was great fun last year . The aim is to make it a little less stressful for our older team members. No lights required in any cars this year . 

Only 4 weeks to go to the big race.. Just remembered I've been so busy converting Slotworx Sedans to Cup cars I've now got to build a fresh one.. mind you, my old yellow "big Rooster" Holden was always a dog.