Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2019 Slotfest

Greg Colgan

ha ha what a joke!!!  you guys need to take a chill pill.   Its pretty obvious that you have to race the branded motors as stipulated,  if you know how to get around that please let me know.!!!! 

My preference is to only race in events with handouts, that way i can have comfort its a base level playing field. i have no idea why there are no handouts. They are hard to get down here at best of times!!   love the comment about the "local guys " testing.  We race there every week in V8's and porsche slotworx, so you'd assume we'd have a good feel for how our cars perform. That how we feel every-time we go to an interstate event, but then again we are only amateurs!!!!

• Like 2

Love your work Mark . 😘 All good mate , we know how your sense of humour is . 😂 Hope you hang around for a few chill pills in a glass when we are down 🍺🍺 I cant believe I agree with a Ford man! 🤢 but your spot on with handouts always being the best option . It’s also true about racing interstate. It is always the extra challenge of racing either Qld or Vics at home . However your  amateur license has been canceled after your win at Hornsby mate ! 👏🏻👏🏻 I Had my home track advantage last week and you didn’t come . 😢 Can’t wait to race but we have to go to Qld for another challenge first , the  weekend before .We have a serious addiction Ben . 🤪🥴

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Greg Colgan said:

Hi All

I can confirm that it will be Hand out motors for all classes , with this in mind can have all entries confirmed so we can order so motors 

Greg Colgate Colagn 

Bull Ring will be there 

4 hours ago, Greg Colgan said:

Hi All

I can confirm that it will be Hand out motors for all classes , with this in mind can have all entries confirmed so we can order so motors 

Greg Colgate Colagn 

It’s funny when someone can’t spell their own last name, is that the Spanish translation?

bugger, all that motor testing the local teams have been doing is all for nothing now! ;)

oh, Greg and myself will be there.

Sorry guys.. I dont think anyone from Queensland is coming. Too many events this time of year with S.A. Vic. and NSW all hosting top events over a very short time period. Both S.A. and Vic are an expensive weekend away for us..  Airfares, plus the tracks being a bloody long way from the Airport makes car hire /taxi's and Hotel accommodation all a bit much. I was hoping to come to Slotfest but Bathurst in July was the easiest on the pocket and most of my mates were going to it.  I guess thats why Sydney gets the numbers... sort of in the middle of the three other states. 

Yes Kim the costs are high, Our Slot Fest will be about $300 Fuel $500 Accommodation then entry but we have to keep these events going. There would not be anymore than 6 National events a year  on a average about $500 a month for a 2 man team $250 each person a month cheap fun  I think. I hope Greg has good local entry Looks like Team OZ Bullring and Outer Towners are the only interstaters coming all NSW.

Not a real good  Racers The way it is going it will be just club racing.

• Sad 1

Final test session underway for Bull Ring cars ahead of two huge weekends . First stop Qld Enduro series. Then south to Slotfest . With a normal Thursday night at home thrown in for fun . How good is my wife 🧐😳👩🏼💖. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and racing with Benno . Throw in a few beers and I’m already a winner 👍🏻🎉🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🎉

B9ABDFCE-D1F0-4CD7-9309-B64494D77E4B.jpeg

3CFC5014-8710-4C43-B644-BF8B344BFC0D.jpeg

C440D194-1F56-460C-B053-7822A0F04272.jpeg

401EBFC4-E00C-416B-9231-40DCC6697A09.jpeg

D4A4CB21-377E-4393-9382-3998B470E80E.jpeg

4BC9F862-41D7-47C6-8233-6261C0C89F64.jpeg

• Like 1