Australian Model Car Racers Forum

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you all know that our next broadcast will be this coming Sunday. We will be broadcasting Round 3 Queensland GT Championships from Rivercity Slot Car Centre.

I'm in the process of putting together some on screen graphics and would love to know the team names and drivers that will be taking part. 

Also is you would be interested in filling out a little bio that would be helpful for the broadcast.

(EXAMPLE)

NAME: Stephen Clarke

TEAM NAME: Rivercity

LIVES: Queensland

HOME TRACK: Rivercity Slot Car Centre

STARTED RACING: 1994

HIGHLIGHT: 5th Rivercity 12hr

CLASS: Scaleauto/Slotworx Porsche Cup/Lexan GT3

Cheers,

Steve

2019 GT CHAMPIONSHIPS POSTER FINAL 3.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'll chip in Steve,

NAME: Benno

TEAM NAME: BullRing

LIVES: NSW

HOME TRACK: BullRing

STARTED RACING: 2017

HIGHLIGHT: Usually tequilas after racing

RACING HIGHLIGHTS : 

- Wins 2017 MCN ( Plafit Muscle Car , MINI-Z & FLM ) 2017 SlotFest ( GT3 & LMP ) 2018 Hornsby ( GT3 ) 2018 Bathurst ( 1/32 Aussie V8 & Slotworx V8 ) 

- Podiums 2017 MCN ( 1/32 Group C & Group 5 ) 2017 APC ( Plafit Muscle Car ) 2018 Hornsby ( SlotWorx Porsche ) APC 2018 ( JGT & FLM ) 2018 MCN ( SlotWorx Porsche ) 2018 Bathurst ( SlotWorx Porsche, SlotWorx V8 Ute & ScaleAuto GT ) 2019 Hornsby ( SlotWorx Porsche ) 2019 12H Enduro ( GT3 )    

CLASS: Scaleauto/Slotworx Porsche Cup/Lexan GT3

Edited by Benno
Racing Achievements added ( somewhat reluctantly )

Awesome stuff Stephen. After our few attempts broadcast live streaming at the Bull Ring .  I can only say what you do is even higher on my list of admiration. Great idea with the background of teams . Having had a go at commentary it’s bloody hard . The info your asking would be interesting to viewers . I know most people are shy or humble when it comes to a self profile but it would be good to see some history of drivers etc . I hope everyone has a go and joins in the fun . 

Name         Glenn Page (Pagey) 

Team          Bull Ring 

Age.            55

NSW.           Shell Harbour 

Track.          The Bull Ring 

Started.       2015

Highlight.    Racing away and enjoying race 

weekends with like minded 

mates with plenty of beer . 🍺

Race Highlights    

-  Enduro teams racing with top team mates . 

- Best result two wins in Hornsby this year 

- Win and Podiums in Enduro series at     River City Raceway 

- Win and Podiums at MCN and Bathurst meetings at the Bull Ring . 

- Podiums at Slotfest Melbourne 

All these were achieved with great team mates . I’m a B grade driver who just has good luck with A grade mates . 

Cheers Pagey 

One question is it possible to some how

link the stream telecast to this web or another spot like YouTube? Not everyone is a Facebook fan. I need to sort

out something also for our streams from the Bull Ring for same issues. 

Just now, Pagey said:

One question is it possible to some how

link the stream telecast to this web or another spot like YouTube? Not everyone is a Facebook fan. I need to sort

out something also for our streams from the Bull Ring for same issues. 

YouTube, Twitch plus many more ! xD

Posted (edited)

Thanks Ben and Glenn. Thanks for the kind words too Pagey. Hopefully this broadcast will be much better then the first.

I'm planning to have it LIVE on YouTube for Sunday and I will post the link on the Facebook page. Once the stream is up I will post the links on here too.

Edited by Slotstream TV
  • Like 1

Okay.. I'll chip in...

NAME: Kim Axton

TEAM NAME: Various.. Nikimoto with Nick Girdlestone, Batlaxx with Noel Batson, Team zimmer with old mate Mark Fox, Bull Ring Team with Pagey.

LIVES: Banora Point NSW

HOME TRACK: Bonogin Valley Raceway

STARTED RACING: 1968

HIGHLIGHTS: 1st time round.. as a young Wing car racer winning inaugural Brock Trophy Race, Australian drivers Championships (1974). Also first interstate driver to win major NSW events - Matich Trophy Race and Geoghegan Trophy at G&D Sydney same year.  Won Total 24 hour Enduro - 3 times, and various state titles in wing cars.

2nd time round returning as an old driver lots of podiums but I'll just list 1st placings.. 1st in four classes 2011 APC, 1st in NSW  Plafit Titles 2011, slowed down for a while with business commitments and then got a bit more serious when I retired winning 2016 MCN in Can Am, Hornsby 8 Hour Teams events 2017, 2018 and 2019. 1st place 2018 Australian Scaleauto Nationals. 1st place FLM class teams race at the Bullring 2018. Main Highlight this year was also winning FLM team race with Pagey at Hornsby. 

Classes: All 1/24th - Hardbody: Scaleauto, Plafit Mini Z and Grp C. Lexan: Slotworx Cup Car and V8, Plafit Historic, GT3, D3 Retro

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Axman said:

STARTED RACING: 1968

I was -6 xD

Might need to revise your age Benno . I don’t believe you were born in 1968 ? I was 5 yrs myself. 🧐😂😂 It’s awesome to have Axe still racing and kicking blokes arses. Love it 👍🏻

Awesome. You guys are all still so new at this looking at your starting dates.. 😂

Keep it up Stephen, will join you guys online when I get the next chance buddy.. Enjoy boys.

Al in Cape Town.