Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Pagey

Slotworx Cup Car for Noel

I thought I would show a photo diary of a paint job for Noel . I should have taken more shots and will do with another. Hopefully it will inspire some new paint jobs from others . It really is not that hard , trust me . 

67D0FAC8-1945-45B0-9DF5-322A7FAF8858.jpeg

Cam has done all the hard work for us . Fantastic window masks and surroundings. Also the panel lines to give that next level of detail. I fitted the panel lines on outside before fitting reverse peel n stick decals on inside . Gives you a better guide to see that things fit in correct places Etc . Patto has some great liveries to choose from . This one is simply made up from left over decals I had . 

927F0526-C676-4D6E-8F0A-D395278A4ACE.jpeg

I used rattle cans to paint this one . You can achieve just as good a finish with brush and water based acrylic paint . Metallic and chrome finish however need to be either rattle can or airbrush. 

1A48D0A0-C075-46C4-ACD0-00C38C99F0FB.jpeg

The interior are also highly detailed and very easy to paint up . You are limited by your own imagination as to how far you want to go . 

9C21CF79-CA64-48CB-BBFF-38BEF902B6C7.jpeg

• Like 1

These are great kits , can’t believe the stuff Cam has given us to work with . Still some more detail to add to Noel’s new ride . Hopefully he likes the out come . I will try and keep a better build diary on next one . My own Red Bull is about to start . 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 1

Bloody hell  Pagey I love it.. It’ll be easy for Kim Mitchie and Princess Leia to see  in the  Hornsby 6 hour 🤓

• Like 1

Thanks Pagey.. Car looks absolutely fantastic... I'd better stay off the red Saturday night at Hornsby.. hate to stuff it into a wall next day.. I'm pretty sure Noel would cry.

And.. for the benefit of those of us that a more adept at painting the side of a house how did you get such fine detail int the interior.. 

A/ is there any truth in the rumour you use your own personal nose hair for the fine brush strokes...

B/ and how did you do the carbon fibre - look alike - interior? 

In awe... Axman

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Axeman , no noise hairs were hurt or pulled in the process. 😂 The Carbon is so easy. Simply use some lace or tule I think it’s called , from the likes that used to be under ladies dresses back in the day . I’m sure you would now all about it Kim . 😂. Paint the background colour, grey, black or off khaki. Use pva glue and stick it down. The glue dries clear leaving the lace pattern over the top . Post some photos also . All of this stuff is simply use your imagination and make it work. Good fun . 

263F711D-75D8-4C06-A97D-0C7924993182.jpeg

Thanks Pagey... you got me inspired last night with the underwear thing.. After a good red and lots of smalltalk I got down to the business. It took a bit of flip flopping ( I am a Libran - apparently not good at making snap decisions) and eventually did what a bloke has to do... went to the workshop and started the process of painting my first car in ages. 

LIke I said, thanks for sharing your body building tips with us all and being a great spokesman for Slotworx.      

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

That fantastic news Axman . Looking forward to seeing some up dates on it coming to life . I have started a more comprehensive how to paint page . Hopefully it keeps you motivated. If not red wine 🍷 is a good alternative. Old Jim down here swears by it . 😂😂