Australian Model Car Racers Forum

26 minutes ago, FoxBox said:

If no sponsor for motors then add the cost of a motor to the entry fee - it's minor in the scheme of things

I have spoken to Greg about this and believe that we are placing too much financial strain/burden on the limited suppliers we have and that all entries for all the tri-series events have the handout motors paid for in the entry fee. 

• Like 2

Just a quick update - i have spoken to Greg & event pricing and details will be forthcoming in the next couple of days. 

He has been away for his wedding anniversary this weekend. 

I can confirm that Handout motors are part of entry fees 

On 2/28/2020 at 3:24 PM, Axman said:

This event is only 5 weeks away.. any updates.. ?  Is it motor handout?... current list of teams entered? .. entry fee's. and what time does the shop open on Thursday Friday for practise.. any warm up races that week.

going by mr google opening times on Thursday and Friday is 10am.

• Like 1

Hi All 

A little  update 

We now have 11 teams entered for saturday and 12 for sunday 

Entry Fee wil be $65 per class 

this covers handout motors 

Thanks to Ace Hobbies for our Handout Motoers 

Greg 

23 hours ago, Greg Colgan said:

Entry Fee wil be $65 per class 

this covers handout motors 

Hi Greg

Does this mean hand-outs for all classes now?

Fox

Fox,

talking to Greg the other day, it’s still only hand out motors for everything but ScaleAuto.

this is the fee set by the track, not Greg.

I would like to thank Greg for organising this great event and Peter for the venue.

Looking at the entry list if up to date , Not that good for a National event come on get your entries in ONLY NSW have a good entry 7 teams VIC 4 and come on QLD 1 team, If you want these events to keep going support them.

Hi Guys 

Another update 

Motor handout , Tech check and Qualifying for saturday classes will be done friday night 

Sunday classes will be saturday night 

Greg

1 hour ago, Greg Colgan said:

Hi Guys 

Another update 

Motor handout , Tech check and Qualifying for saturday classes will be done friday night 

Sunday classes will be saturday night 

Greg

Superb idea Greg 

Will this, and the other 2 events be run to the rule set on the forum (2018), or the ones on the Ace Hobbies site (2020)?

there are differences!

31 minutes ago, BrettC said:

Will this, and the other 2 events be run to the rule set on the forum (2018), or the ones on the Ace Hobbies site (2020)?

there are differences!

2020 as per ACE HOBBIES as this is the current rule set. Only change was from 81mm rear to 82mm 

21 minutes ago, Benno said:

2020 as per ACE HOBBIES as this is the current rule set. Only change was from 81mm rear to 82mm 

ok, can we have the forum set updated.

oh, front spur has also gone up from 80 to 82, which makes a few bodies obsolete.

2 minutes ago, BrettC said:

ok, can we have the forum set updated.

oh, front spur has also gone up from 80 to 82, which makes a few bodies obsolete.

I would love to update the forum Brett, but i cant and it appears the ones that can arent interested in doing so either 

Hi Guys 

Another update 

We will be using the ACE HOBBIES Website as rule sets for All Classes at the Slot Fest for 2020

Greg 

Here's a sample pic of the www.twitch.tv/mobileraceways camera for the Australian Endurance Championship weekend.

2020 AEC sample of overhead camera.png

• Like 2

Nice stuff Peter. Our club is doing all we can do to support your race meetings along with the other national meets . But with a lot of negative comments flying around today I’m not sure we have much hope for our loved hobby . Thanks for your efforts. 

• Like 2

Hi Greg

Can you please confirm the motor and the gearing will be as follows: -

FLM

Cheetah IV

National Rules state motor to be either FOX IV or Cheetah IV - set by race organiser

Porsche Cup

SRP 25K and 13/44

National Rules state both motor and pinion to be set by race organiser.

Cheers

FoxBox

This is not a decision I ever thought I would have to make. But in light of the virus pandemic, and the phone calls from concerned racers, Debbie and I have decided to postpone the Race scheduled for April 3rd - 5th, till later this year. We don't have a date in mind. That will be discussed once our lives start returning back to normal. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to the racers. Stay safe and healthy!

• Like 2

Very sad to hear Peter . I’m sure we can get the group from here at the BullRing sorted to adjust plans when we get a date fixed . Your race centre is the benchmark and pray that all this virus stuff is over as quickly as possible. Looking forward to the trip at a later date . 

Cheers Pagey 

Peter, it's you and Deb I'm worried about. As Pagey said your centre is the benchmark for how a Slotcar Centre should be set up but for the foreseeable future getting bums in the door to pay bills will be your main problem. I hope this pandemic goes away quickly so you and Deb can get back to business as usual. I'm sure all racers will support your re-scheduled event and hope in the meantime you guys stay healthy. 

Dear Peter

Please don't apologise for any inconvenience - it is not inconvenient to make safe decisions but of course the financial ramifications for you and Debbie will not be convenient at all.

Thanks for making this very tough call and FAT Racing (me and Darryl) look forward to coming to MrSlotcar once this situation has receded.

Best wishes and Regards

FoxBox

its hard to fathom really but we cant dodge the facts, look out for each other , make sensible decisions. i am hopeful of a reasonably quick recovery for us all. race ya later (as arkin would say). All the best deb and pete.