Australian Model Car Racers Forum
FoxBox

2020 Lexan Shootout (aka HSC Endurance Championships)

Hi All

The ‘Lexan Shootout’ (aka HSC Endurance Championship) for 2020 will again be held at Hornsby Slot Cars (HSC).
- 126a James Lane, Hornsby
- over 2 days being the weekend of 22nd & 23rd February with Friday 21st being open practice. 

Last year's classes, scheduling, regulations and format is maintained.

Saturday
GT3
Sprint event for single drivers

NOTE: – You will supply your own motor for this event
Plafit FLM
2 member team

NOTE: – This event will have a supplied motor  - we have a sponsor - Werner of ACE Hobbies will provide motors for this race. The motors will be run in and marked by me and then selected by you under controlled conditions as per last year’s Shootout.   

Sunday
Slotworx Porsche Cup
6 Hour Enduro for 3 or 4 member team.

NOTE: -This event will have a supplied motor  - we have a sponsor - Garry Johnson of SLOTWORX will provide motors for this race. The motors will be run in and marked by me and then selected by you under controlled conditions as per last year’s Shootout.   

Regulations

In essence the 2020 regulations as posted on ACE Hobbies Web Site for these cars will be in force: -
https://www.acehobbies.com.au/galleries

BUT PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING FOR THIS EVENT

GT3

1) May use a 12T or 13T pinion at your discretion.

2) Cars must have a min of 0.5mm clearance at all times (other than at Tech where it is 1.0mm as per regs).

(NOTE that any car deemed to be damaging the track must be removed whatever).

FLM
1) Lights are not required for FLM as there is no night racing at this event - this means also that the light buckets do not require installation and the light lens may be painted in any fashion (including the body colour).

2) Cars must have a min of 0.5mm clearance at all times( other than at Tech where it is 1.0mm as per regs).

(NOTE that any car deemed to be damaging the track must be removed whatever).

image.png

Here is a link to a PDF version of this summary if you want to download and print for reference: -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgv9b0iw3rkynhu/Spec Chart - Lexan Shootout 2020.pdf?dl=0

Entry Fees (same as last year) are as follows: -  

Saturday’s Races are $20 per driver for each race. Monies to be paid at counter when nominating your entry (GT3)/team (FLM).
Sunday’s race (the BIG one) is $50 per driver. Monies to be paid to James when nominating your team.
Friday open practice will be $10 per driver all day.

A finalised timetable of events will be available in due course (as numbers firm up) but please note the following: -

-  scrutineering and Qualifying for the GT3 Sprint will be held on Friday and cars impounded overnight for an early start Saturday.

-  a 6 hour Enduro for the Porsche Cup cars means that Sunday will potentially be a late finish, in order that the finish is TOO late there is a limit of 10 Teams for this event (there were 9 last year).

- previous entries will have priority BUT this expires after December 30, 2019 after which date it will be first in best dressed.

With a limit of 10 Teams I calculate that the day will be done and dusted (including presentations) at approx. 6:00. This is an estimate based on 10 Teams – last year’s actual racing with 9 teams finished at 4:34 followed by presentations.

Remember to book for a later flight out of Sydney or leave Monday.

So get building gents and don't forget to nominate your team/s (including the the Team Members) and event/s.

Looking forward to racing and debriefing at the Blue Gum with you all once again.

Cheers.

FINAL NOMINATIONS

image.png

Please enter Greg C, Peter D and myself for a team.

for all events.

ill let you know the team name when Greg tells me what it is. ;)

Edited by BrettC

HOT UPDATE

Garry J of Slotworx Is generously sponsoring the Motor Handout for the Slotworx Porsche Cup Enduro.

He is also providing some bodies for prizes so a big Thank-you is due to Garry.

Please enter:

Nikimoto - Kim and Nick - GT3 and FLM

Team Velocity - Simon and Charles R - GT3 and FLM

These two teams will combine for Sundays Slotworx race.

Thanks for organising Fox.   

Please enter Team BullRing

Pagey

Benno

Cam

Noel

Pagey & Benno for FLM

Cam & Noel for FLM

All are in for GT3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wyalong Jack said:

Please enter Outertowners. Ian, Paul and Jack.

For all events. We are looking for a driver to run FLM if any takers please contact me.

Could you please add Team Nissan Foxy . 

Charles 

Clinton

TBA 

Charles computer off line . Hope they made the cut off 😬

3 hours ago, kart.68 said:

For all events. We are looking for a driver to run FLM if any takers please contact me.

Stoo has picked up that offer and will race with Paul

• Thanks 1

Breaking News

Werner of ACE Hobbies has contacted me and offered to provide motors for the Plafit FLM Team Race for this event which I think is great.

So a big Thank-you is due to Werner for his generous offer.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wayne Bramble said:

Mark please add Jake as our 3rd driver for cup cars.

Done Wayne - I thought he drove awesome on Sunday in the 8 hour.

Agree, had a great drive beside Jake a couple of times at the 8 hour... not sure who was going to crack first, him or me!

16 minutes ago, iwik said:

is there still time to register two people for both saturday events ?

I would like to think so Kiwi :), sundays race is the feature and Foxy likes to make sure we get full driving time 

Hi  Kiwi (iwik) welcome (emoclew),

Just nominate who and what events - single drivers for the GT3 and 2 person teams for the FLM - so names please and you are set.

Cheers

Hi Fox, please put down Charles R racing in GT3 and shared driving with Simon for FLM instead of Andrew B.

• Like 1