Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2020 Lexan Shootout (aka HSC Endurance Championships)

I have posted the revised entries that I am aware of in my original post but in summary we now have: -

No Team Nissan in the Porsche Cup and Clinton joins Stallion Racing.

Dean has pulled out completely and so I am surmising that Pierre may be looking to partner up with somebody in the FLM race and is probably up for grabs in the Porsche Cup as well.

Brett has not nominated a partner in FLM as yet - any news on that Brett?

Team Monster need a 3rd driver for the Porsche Cup - any news on that Chris or Jason?

A few Teams have not nominated a Team Name as yet - lets get on this ASAP to tidy things up in my spreadsheet please.

There is now a spare spot in the Porsche Cup 6 hour race up for grabs.

Cheers

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK Gents   Racers came from the four corners of the globe to contest what will in all likelihood be the final Lexan Shootout at this fabulous track and venue.   GT3  

Breaking News   Werner of ACE Hobbies has contacted me and offered to provide motors for the Plafit FLM Team Race for this event which I think is great.   So a big Thank-you is due

A few more pics of the presentations etc. Thanks to Stephen Clarke (SlotStream) for these.  

Posted Images

Hi

I will partner with my son-in-law Reinier for the FML . The two of us can join an open team for the 6 hour Porsche race but if no opening available we

can get a 3rd driver if needed.

r

Regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre

That's great news.

I will put you in for thr FLM as a Team and also for the Porsche Cup as a Team.

So to recap: -

Pierre and Reinier are teaming for the FLM - Done

They are also nominating for the  Porsche Cup as a team with a TBA as a 3rd driver BUT are also available as drivers for a team to take them on if required.

I am also nominating them as the10th and final team for the Porsche Cup in the interim.

Pierre if you need a driver for your team in the Porsche Cup please let me know ASAP as I may have some spare guns for you (especially as this may be the last race of this kind at this fabulous and somewhat historic venue).

Cheers

19 hours ago, FoxBox said:

Hi Pierre

That's great news.

I will put you in for thr FLM as a Team and also for the Porsche Cup as a Team.

So to recap: -

Pierre and Reinier are teaming for the FLM - Done

They are also nominating for the  Porsche Cup as a team with a TBA as a 3rd driver BUT are also available as drivers for a team to take them on if required.

I am also nominating them as the10th and final team for the Porsche Cup in the interim.

Pierre if you need a driver for your team in the Porsche Cup please let me know ASAP as I may have some spare guns for you (especially as this may be the last race of this kind at this fabulous and somewhat historic venue).

Cheers

UPDATE/CLARIFICATION re LEAD-WIRE MANAGEMENT

Some racers use PCB to manage their lead-wires.

1) Garry (SLOTWORX) has confirmed that this is a legal practice for Porsche Cup Cars.

2) Werner (ACE Hobbies) has confirmed that this is a legal practice for Plafit FLM Cars.

3) Obviously you can do anything you like with the GT3 Cars.

Cheers

MISSING PARTS

Can anybody refer to me any definitive rules that state which body/car parts need to be reinstated or replaced (and which don't) if they come off the car during a race.

Cheers

Thanks guys - I remember this as being what I have heard in previous briefings.

The reason I ask is that it is NOT documented in any rules that are published on ACE website or anywhere else that I know of.

So in light of the above for the FLM team race and the Porsche Cup enduro at the Lexan Shoot-out it will be as follows.

1) Wing or Diffuser comes off - REPLACE UNDER GREEN.

2) Wheel Insert or Mirror come off (mirror actually covered by the Porsche Cup rule set) - NO NEED TO REPLACE.

3) Light Bucket comes off - NO NEED TO REPLACE.

In any event remember that no matter how the car finishes there are rules relating to min clearance (0.5mm) and min weight (160g) for the Porsche Cup cars at race end.

These rules do not apply to the GT3 sprint race.

Cheers

• Like 1

Gday Mr Fox 🦊, could you please add Serg Caradonna to Pierre’s team as the 3rd driver for the Porsche Enduro . Also add him to GT3 and FLM please . Maybe  looking at nominated drivers Jake might want a drive in FLM ? Serg has very competitive car if he is interested? 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 1

Thanks Pagey,

All good, I have asked Cody to chase up Jake on FLM.

Also noting that Wayne and Cody have pulled out of all classes.

I am in Tassie for a while and will update the entries listing on my return in 10 days (I dont have my xl sheet with me) on this device.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Gday Mark , with no news of Jake and the sad news that Brambles have dropped out of the event . Not sure if Jake will also be involved. So we have managed to get Troy Clayton to drive with Serg Caradonna for FLM. 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 2

Hi Guys

Regarding the entries I have to date - I need some information ASAP as follows: - 

1) ALL Teams marked TBA please advise me of a Team name. I need these to set up entry sheets etc. If no name is forthcoming I will allocate you a name.

2) Is Reinier racing in GT3?

3) does anybody know if Jake is running in GT3? (I suspect not).

Thanks

OK

I am in the process of setting up entry and race sheets together with point-score sheet for tracking the next weekend's events and to assist the overall process of collecting entry fees, recording motor handouts and running the race.

I have asked several times for those who have not advised me of a team name to do so and now is the point of no return - teams that are still in TBA category have been allocated the following names: -

image.png

Also note that Dale Anderson has joined Stallion Racing

Cheers

• Like 2

Looking forward to catching up with everyone at the best race meeting of the year . Cars and box sorted ready to roll . Polished up drinking boots for the Blue Gum .🍺🍺🍺🍺🎉 can’t wait. 

Cheers Pagey 

16F0319D-F4C0-4817-9B97-53B15C38E748.jpeg

938B346C-79A6-4E2A-B6EF-9C291DB99FAB.jpeg