Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Camber

1st Slotworx cup car on the assembly line

Hi Guys,

First post and first cup car!

This one will be heading around the country for testing and evaluation. Hope to have it finished tomorrow and will follow up with more pics. Thanks to Garry J for kicking off this forum,

Cheers,

- Cam

IMG_4096.JPG

• Like 2

Awesome stuff Cam , it looks fantastic. Having driven your prototype its going to be a huge success. 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 1

Cup car is now finished and running nicely, off to Noel tomorrow for a run up north, then to Victoria and SA. I'll put together some pics of the whole body kit in parts as soon as I can. A little hard to tell from the photos but the Scaleauto has quite a dull paint finish with lots of orange peel, would take a few clear coats and polishing to get the lusture of the lexan body.

Front.JPG

Front Guard resized.JPG

Rear Quarter resized.JPG

Top resized.JPG

Nose Resized.JPG

Comparison resized.JPG

• Like 2

Wow Cam that looks stunning mate, Really looking forward to giving it a run on the RR track. If goes even half as good as it looks it will be satisfying enough I reckon. 

• Like 1

Having had the privilege of holding that little gem in my hot little hand , when you see it in the flesh you will be blown away. The level of finish and detail that Cam has achieved for a lexen body is second to none . World class work right there ! Loving detail as I do, this thing is insane. The value for money that the kit has is fantastic. Brilliant lexen body with light buckets front and rear . Also decals to detail them up . Rear defuser for extra detail. Three d printed wheel inserts mirrors and aerials. Very detailed interior, window masks and surrounds . Panel lines for doors and bonnet etc . So much detail it's off the charts . But of course with Cams race smarts and engineering the chassis is fantastic of course . I have driven the prototype and you won't be disappointed. It's very quick and so much fun to drive . Australian design, manufactured it's the way to go in my opinion. I can't wait to finish my track and have 8 of these things flying around it . Well done Cam, simply awesome. 👍👏👏👏👏🎉🎉

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 2

Well I’m not sure how to put into words how great this car is to drive. There were a few of us that had the pleasure of running Cam’s Slotworx Porsche around the Red Racer track. Straight out of the box it was good to drive so we just kept lapping it and taping the tyres and it very quickly came up to the pace we were expecting.  Cam sent the car up with a 14 T pinion to a 44 spur which really made the motor whistle and after we all had driven it we decided to put the 13T pinion on it, there was not a lot difference in lap times however we all felt the car was a little more settled with the smaller pinion. It was probably to do with corner entry speed more than anything else, the car being a little more stable with a little top end knocked off it, how ever the top end speed was not noticeable by eye but just the way the car entered the corner. The long can SRP 25000 was Awsome with plenty of brakes and we all felt the it was well suited to Cam’s new  Porsche chassis. Now I’m no body painter and everybody knows that but even I am gob smacked by the detail in the Porsche body it is better than some hard body cars that we run by a long way. In the end the car was lapping in the 7.7s on the Red Racer track with some 7.6s along the way. It’s a great car from an Australian manufacturer and I for one will be supporting Cam (Slotworx) in any way I can.

Noel

• Like 1

Great report card Noel . Thanks for the update and all the Qld drivers for giving it a real test . Looking forward to the report card on its next interstate visit . Awesome that we have an Australian built high quality product to enjoy . 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 1

I was one of the lucky ones invited for a test drive at Red Racer.. The car was very forgiving and had nice a spirited feel to drive. I was really surprised how the long can SRP25 handled the tall gearing.. as Noel said not much difference between the 13 and 14 tooth pinion.. I particularly like how forgiving the car was if you went into  the corner a bit too hard.. it would just step out, regather and keep going.  Even better was the realisation the car was doing these great lap times with oilites!

The Porsche body was a work of art - Cam you need to share your body build secrets - especially the trick paint finishes for the tinted headlights and matt black rear splitter. 10 out of 10 mate.

• Like 2

Found a problem with these kits.

I took all the chassis bits out of my kit and checked them, all were perfectly flat. I did a rough assembly without doing any clean up of the parts, everything fitted perfectly and it was square, with axles parallel within 0.001". T plate moves freely without any perceptible play, H plate sits flat with no rocking.

So what's the problem?

The damn thing is too good. Any idiot will be able to build a competitive car because there's nothing to fix.

Thanks Cam for making 54 years of acquired skills redundant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I drove this last night at Hallam, and I do have to say, it is a very nice car, in looks, and build quality.

the guide tongue, with the travel stop is a nice touch, and I do like the fact the T plate is now made of something harder than what's on the V8 chassis.

the body is next level in detail, and my painting skills are never going to do it justice.

first drive of the car was a little hairy, and only managed a 7.4, which is slower than the V8's were running at SlotFest.

on my second run, I'd changed to a Difalco from a ACD Pro 5L, and found a much smoother car,  getting down to a 7.20 after turning down the sensitivity.

a great car to drive, and I wish I'd had more than the few minutes I had with it, but I think the motor/gear ratio didn't suit the Hallam track, ( we ran it with the 13t , and didn't get a chance to try it with the 14t, which I think would of settled it down )

arkin dipped into the 7.1's once, but that's still slower than the V8's, so I don't think we were getting the best out of it.

well done Cam, a top quality Aussie product!!

i just need one now!

We ran this car again last Saturday at Hallam.

this time with the 14T pinion, much nicer, getting it down into the high 6.8s, then Dimmers gave it a run, getting low 6.8s, there’s more time in it but the nylon pinion started slipping, so that was the end of it.

ive now just finished building two chassis’s and have to agree with Gary, very little was need to get everything moving smoothly and all tolerances are spot on!

well done Cam, this is going to be a hard fought and very tight class!