Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2022 Easter Weekend Bash - Geoghegan Sprint Series

FoxBox

Hi All,

1-IMG_3231.JPG

It is my pleasure to announce that over the coming Easter weekend the Seagulls Slot Racing Club is hosting a sprint race series for the following classes

Plafit Historic
Slotworx Porsche Cup
Lexan GT3
Retro CanAm

The historic Geoghegan Trophy will also be up for grabs.

This trophy has been won by the cream of Australian slot car racers (and also myself) since 1970.

2-IMG_3341.JPG

Here is a listing of previous winners so you can see the history of this piece: -

image.png

1-IMG_3340.JPG

The Seagulls slot shop has a HUGE range of stock and all in all the facility is by a long way the best set up for slot racing I have ever seen and with the restaurant and bar downstairs plus loads of parking available it is just sensational.

The track itself is fast with a few tricks but overall very easy to learn.

Also each lane on the track has its own power supply so no little surges when a car or two de-slot and the lap counters are set up with light beams so no dead spot which is sensational also.

So watch this space for the program etc and start getting you equipment together.

Cheers

FoxBox

• Like 2

• FoxBox changed the title to 2022 Easter Weekend Bash - Geoghegan Sprint Series

Hi All

Some further information on this event: -

Event Entry Motor   REGULATIONS

Practice days 20/Day All BYO Markings Required  

Historic CanAm 25 FOX IV Must have factory markings https://www.acehobbies.com.au/galleries/category/7-2018regulations-124historics
Retro CanAm 25 CHEETAH No markings required * http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1254
Porsche Cup 25 SRP 25L Must have factory markings http://ausmcr.com/forum/index.php?/topic/504-2022-slotworx-cup-car-regulations/
Lexan GT3 25 NSR 25 Must have factory markings ** http://ausmcr.com/forum/index.php?/forum/31-lexan-gt3-sedan/

* There is no other motor of this configuration that is faster which means no danger of substitution.

As the Factory markings are easily tampered with your motor will be tested at Tech for compliance.

Cheers

FoxBox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great work Fox.. thanks for organising. I just got the proofs for theTrophies..

There will be trophies for each class - TQ, Concours, 1st 2nd & 3rd podium finishers and highest place Rookie Racer award.

To get you name on the Geoghegan Trophy points from your best 3 race results will be added up. In addition to having their name permanently nailed onto the Geoghegan trophy they will be presented with a beautiful limited edition Apex replica of Pete's mustang to keep. 

Looking forward to a great weekend. .  

unnamed.png.6feabfd55267920be38633b55972b79b.png

• Like 1

Have to agree Stoo. I remember sitting down at Creek Corner and hearing the race start in the distance. A few seconds later you'd see the Mustang hit the top of Hume Straight already 50 yards ahead of the pack.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I am currently recovering from surgery and will not be able to make it up for Easter.

With COVID we have not even had a slot car out of a box since June of last year and we are really looking forward to getting back into racing and meeting up with the slot car family. Glen will have the first meeting at the Bull Ring in April 2022 after also being closed since June 2022 so we will finally be able to get back into racing.

Cheers

Charles and Clinton

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 11:11 AM, FoxBox said:

Hi All

Here is the Program which runs from Thursday 14th to Sunday 17th April: -

1-2022 Segulls Easter Bash - Program-001.jpg

Cheers

FoxBox

Hi Fox.

What is the "lane Draw" ?        I thought lanes were decided at Quali.  Tks mate

2 hours ago, BGA said:

Hi Fox.

What is the "lane Draw" ?        I thought lanes were decided at Quali.  Tks mate

Hi Bruce,

You are correct; you get to choose your starting lane based on on your qualifying time - 1st Q gets first pick, 2nd Q gets second pick etc.

So I guess it should be called "Lane Selection" and not "Lane Draw" but the process has been known since ever as "Lane Draw" whether it has been a random process or ascertained by qualifying position.

Hope that this clarifies the process for you.

Cheers

Hi All

A few things to help you along.

Gearing is per current regs  with the nominated pinion for the Slotworx Cup Car being 13T - here is a summary for you: -

1-Gearing & Points.jpg

Points will be awarded as follows for each event your best 3 results will be summed to ascertain the Geoghegan Trophy winner for 2022.

2-Gearing & Points - Copy.jpg

Summary table of the car regs for this event: -

1-57879d44cdf892b209b2f4a1af-0.jpg

The full version of the regs for each class are posted via links above - be one of the few who reads such things and any questions please let me know in this thread.

Any disparity between this summary table and the full version of the regs (other than the 'yellow highlights') indicates that I have made an error in constructing the table in which case the full version of the regs will prevail.

Cheers

FoxBox

Hi All,

Well with Covid running amok yet again I have the sad task of yet again announcing a cancelled/postponed race event.

GEOGHEGAN TROPHY - EASTER BIG BASH EVENT POSTPONED

This event will now be held at a future date with the same format.

Commiserations

FoxBox.

• Sad 1

Bugger .. Sad for all of the racers and Fox that have worked towards this event. I had to cancel with so many racers contracting Covid over the past week and others still recovering. 

At least we have everything in place for the event. . Now all we have to do is find a weekend that works for most. 

Regards, 

Kim 

• Sad 1