Australian Model Car Racers Forum
Noel

1/24 Model Car Nationals (2018)

Crowd control was a fear before the weekend for myself but with the grandstand and lounge area it worked well. Maybe to well for Greg and Rodney . 🙄😴

6158EEAA-B169-4D67-BE71-668F57ECFEC4.jpeg

158EB509-33B2-48C1-ADE6-DA57C98BA2AA.jpeg

E4684B85-8B26-4BFB-B340-4AC8E71121F0.jpeg

F19144FD-D85F-470B-96FE-7FDA98D4E6E4.jpeg

BD3C32A0-A74D-4A85-B795-19D1D43CE888.jpeg

0A4ABFDB-76B1-40CD-A90E-D8ED17F5D72B.jpeg

• Like 2

Podium cars , some how missed the V8 cars . Hopefully someone has a photo .

How fantastic does the podium look. Thanks so much again to Steve Layton for building it . 👍🏻👏👏👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉🎉

09C7E211-8B71-43BE-B760-20180F798135.jpeg

38F907D0-8792-462F-AF8B-5C90618D861E.jpeg

CE414DA1-92E8-49C2-8A40-39F83D2DFDFD.jpeg

069D3B93-9E41-4675-98C6-AF2386355380.jpeg

47D7286F-68B0-4346-8229-A92732846F0D.jpeg

• Like 1

Bugger ! It’s over already . Time to hand out the prizes. 👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉🎉🏆🏆🏆🏆🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️✈️

907E57CB-1C0F-4D4B-A461-EAD73182FB5F.jpeg

88020A02-4263-414B-9106-0B074596DD17.jpeg

76A7717F-76F3-4E58-8CC3-69F887BB0A99.jpeg

• Like 1

Hold the phone 📞 it’s someone’s birthday 🎂. Andrew 🎉🎉🎉

A16EC5D9-75E2-4EB9-98D1-BD5EAE0FE4CD.jpeg

508499D4-E44C-4633-AC27-B51237E0EC30.jpeg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Podium cars , some how missed the V8 cars . Hopefully someone has a photo .

How fantastic does the podium look. Thanks so much again to Steve Layton for building it . 👍🏻👏👏👏👏👏🎉🎉🎉🎉

09C7E211-8B71-43BE-B760-20180F798135.jpeg

38F907D0-8792-462F-AF8B-5C90618D861E.jpeg

CE414DA1-92E8-49C2-8A40-39F83D2DFDFD.jpeg

069D3B93-9E41-4675-98C6-AF2386355380.jpeg

47D7286F-68B0-4346-8229-A92732846F0D.jpeg

20180526_124931.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Epic Weekend.. Cant thank you enough Pagey for all that you and your family have done. I'm sure Noels rapid recovery is because of your energy and unwavering focus to give the best event I'ver ever been to. To cap it of your new  track that has all the ingredients a serious slot racer could ever want. It's one of those tracks that demands respect and once every 50 laps or so you just know when you hit the sweet spot when you rattle of that perfect lap..

Big thanks to all that helped Pagey bring the event together, especially Brooksy for not only running a beautifully smooth race schedule but somehow also finding the time to race..  also must thank my team mates for helping get three podiums.  Nail biting finishes made for very exciting racing.. I'm going for a stress test this week.. finishing only 1/2 a lap ahead of Phoenix in the Porsche Cup and just managing to beat Cams team by only 2 laps after sixteen brackets of racing in the day / night FLM race definitely put me in heart attack country.. good thing Noel had his before the event!

Last of all Pagey,  thank your beautiful family for turning over your home and looking after us. I cant imagine what your neighbours must think with 40 strange looking men carrying small boxes arriving and leaving for 3 days at odd times of the day and night.. the cars parked in your street made it look like a grand finals day.. and to us racers it was just that. 

Thanks mate.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wow what a great weekend of racing at The Bull Ring. Congratulations to everyone who came from interstate and the local contingent who showed up in great numbers as well. I had an absolute blast driving over the weekend, my first national event in almost 4 years and a fire may have been lit to attend more in the future. The 5 classes that were raced were all very enjoyable with lots of high quality racing, plus some very professional liveries turned out by the likes of Ben, Gordon, Jules and Michael. 

To Noel and Glenn, congratulations on the very very successful MCN 2018 event. The planning and thought that went in to the event was clear for all to see. Glenn your workmanship with the track, dedication to the event and passion for the weekend has been a long journey but you should be super proud of all that you accomplished in hosting this event. To your wife and family for hosting, feeding and letting us invade your home on the weekend, as well as every Thursday night, I can only offer my utmost appreciation and gratitude. 

Well done Brooksy on running a very professional event as race co-ordinator, adjusting the schedule when needed, and ensuring everyone was well informed. Also to Garry who stepped in to help out and allow Brooksy to run, you did a great job. Werner with the dedication of coming down to scrutineer cars and watch the event, thank you for the effort as well. 

To all the racers who I raced along side over the days, thank you for the exciting racing. I had some great scraps with some very fast racers which certainly pushed me to a new level. Rodney thanks again for coming up big with a controller on Sunday morning in the very 1st heat, I owe you a 6 pack of Coopers mate. Shout out to Chris who spent a lot of time giving me advice for the event, as well as all your work wiring the track.  Lastly to Team Nissan who trusted me to run with you and Steve, thanks for allowing me to drive your cars. I had some very quick cars to drive in the V8 and Scaleauto race and to win a MCN class with Clinton was a great achievement. Great driving with you all and I know I certainly learnt a lot from the team format. Thanks Charles, Steve and Clinton.

Cheers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow - all I can do is echo the sentiments of others and confirm that the event and the hospitality of Pagey and his family was beyond compare.

Thanks for a great weekend everybody who participated - it was wonderful to see many of my old mates and make some new friends.

A special thanks also to Nick who helped out Team FAT by driving for us in the 3 man events, hope to have you race with us again one day Nick.

Cheers

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Team Nissan have attended the last five Model Car Nationals and this would have to be one of the very best events that we have been to. Glen has to be commended for his dedication and sheer hard work in building one of the best tracks in Australia. Jim, Cam, Chris, Vito, Rodney, Ben, Jason Bell and Steve Layton all helped Glen make his dream of building his own track become a reality. My contribution was to provide the Red Bull flag that is proudly displayed on the wall.

Great events like this don't just happen and it takes a lot of organisation to make a weekend of racing go so well. Noel should be acknowledged for the organisation of the event, Brooksy for being race director and making things happen with assistance from Garry and Werner for the scrutineering of all of the cars in his very professional manner.

A massive thanks must go to Joanne for supporting Glen to realise his dream of having his own track. Joanne, Donna and Yolonda should all be applauded for keeping the tribe of racers well fed over the course of the weekend.

It was also great to see a good representation of interstate racers as we all know how much effort is involved in attending race meetings in other states. It was especially great to see Noel looking so well following his operation. It was good to catch up with old friends like Garry, Kim and Andrew.

I would also thank Jason Bell and Steve Layton for being part of Team Nissan and the contribution that they made to the team over the weekend. We all worked great together as a team developing and tuning our cars to put competitive cars on track. It was great to see Jason and Clinton win the Scaleauto GT class and finish fifth in the hotly contested Slotworx V8 class on 700 laps only six laps behind the Monster team who came second in the event.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

I can only agree with what the others have written. To Pagey and his family, thanks for the hospitality. Nick and I had a great time and hope to be back at the Bullring in the future. Great to catch up with all of the Interstate guys again and meet some new guys as well. Congratulations to all the Drivers/Teams that made the podium.

Overall a BIG WELL DONE................ 

Cheers

ding...😜

• Like 3

Well done to all concerned.Great event,thanks to Pagey and his family massive effort, made every one feel welcome.Thanks to Noel Brooksy Werner Gary and anyone who helped to make a great weekend of racing.Special mention to JJ (very underated driver)glad to have in my team anytime.Cheers SUTTO.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Great weekend, always fun to catch up with everyone from around the country. Probably the best part of the event. Not sure what it was (the bar area with live feeds and scoring, driveway complete with seating, barrier tape and marquees or the pit setups and balcony overlooking the golf course, not to mention one of the best tracks in the country), but it was a memorable event thats for sure. Had a certain atmosphere that would be hard to beat anywhere.

Special thanks to Pagey for the monumental effort to have the track running faultlessly and of course Noel and Brooksy who brought it all together. Werner sacrificed a weekend to fly down and scruitineer the cars which is greatly appreciated. The Page family and Donna served up great food in the pits to keep us racing at peak performance, cheers! An event isn't an event without the racers, thanks so much for making the effort to participate, particularly the interstaters.

A few beers, great spirit all weekend, no one cracking the poo poo's, thats what it's all about....oh and hanging shit on the Captain😍

An event I won't ever forget.

Cheers,

- Cam

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It’s pretty hard to talk the week end up anymore than all of my fellow racers before me, However it was bloody AWSOME and with out a doubt the best race meet I’ve ever been to. As Cam said the track and racing was second to none. What made the weekend special for me  was the comraderie amongst everyone without losing the high level of competition on the track. A massive thank you to Glenn and Joanne for allowing  Donna and I to stay with them as this  made it a lot easier for me to be able to compete. I’d like to thank all of you for your well wishes to me for my recovery it is great to know I have great friends from all over. Also I’d like to thank Kim , Andrew and Simon for being great team mates for the week end.

p.s To you Glenn you’ve built a brilliant track mate for you and your club which you should be immensely proud of. You guys have a great club spirit which the rest of the country could learn a lot from to improve their own clubs. Very well done Pagey 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Noel said:

It’s pretty hard to talk the week end up anymore than all of my fellow racers before me

This is all i could say too, but ill add my 2c 

It would be rude of me to not again thank the Page family for their hospitality. The lengths the Pageys' went to as a family to welcome me into the home & make it feel like i was home is beyond words !

Second to that, i cannot highlight anymore that the backbone of the weekend was built off the hospitality and help that Jo, Donna, Yolonda & Matt gave us as racers to ensure we were fed and hydrated all weekend. 

Then to have Werner there to ensure that we were all kept in check was another big tick & also therefore easing the workloads and pressures of Race Director & host.

Was awesome to see Brooksy & Garry team up and help each other & inturn the racers in running the race meeting. As a team though, we didnt have an ideal weekend but shit happens & there is always the next one. The finish in the Porsche race was as tight as any i have seen between ourselves & Qlder's, was great watching Kim trying to work out the numbers in the final 5 minutes of the race :ph34r:

Highlights racing wise for me would have to have been the underdogs  .....  How damn good was it to see the boys from the bush Jack & Ian podium in F1 , Jason Bell & Clinton winning ScaleAuto GT and to see Pagey finally grab his first MCN win in the V8 class !!!  

Doesnt take a genius to figure out why the weekend was so successful. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Camber said:

A few beers, great spirit all weekend, no one cracking the poo poo's, that's what it's all about.... oh and hanging shit on the Captain😍 

Oh yeah and this too :D

In all fairness, was great to see Captain Chaos feature well in the ScaleAuto class too 

• Like 3

Spot on Benno.. I felt bad not personally saying a big thanks to Jo before I took of with Fox to the airport. As you say they treated us like family and made this event  for me the best I've attended. 

Yes, That was a cracker ending for both of us in the Porsche Cup race.. could have gone either way. I though we had blown it with Brooksy's clocking up about  9 more laps  than us on Black and Red. 

My pick of the outstanding teams was Nuts and Bolts .. always there near the front and the team name makes me laugh every time!  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Axman said:

My pick of the outstanding teams was Nuts and Bolts .. always there near the front and the team name makes me laugh every time!  

Umm ? There wasn't a team called Nuts and Bolts ! 😀

• Like 1

I’d like to give a few thanks here. 

Thanks to Glen with family and friends in building the track for a great event. 

And thanks to the two teams that I raced with Peter and Ian in Loose Nuts (FLM and Porsche Cup) also Gordon and Alvaro in Martini Racing (V8’s, F1 and ScaleAuto). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JJ_here said:

I’d like to give a few thanks here. 

Thanks to Glen with family and friends in building the track for a great event. 

And thanks to the two teams that I raced with Peter and Ian in Loose Nuts (FLM and Porsche Cup) also Gordon and Alvaro in Martini Racing (V8’s, F1 and ScaleAuto). 

Your welcome