Australian Model Car Racers Forum

1/24 Model Car Nationals (2018)

Spoke to Noel last night via text . He is going ok,  spirits and humour still high . Get better soon old mate . 

I have posted at the start of the forum up dates about the event , schedule and listed teams as I know them . Please all check if you see any errors or concerns. 

I will have a travel guide for the train trip from Sydney airport to Shellharbour Junction. Approximately a 2hr ride and not a bad option considering Sydney traffic . The station is at the airport terminal. I can organise local pick up down this end . Only 2km from track . Locals can also help out with transportation to motels etc if required. 

Cheers Pagey 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epic Weekend.. Cant thank you enough Pagey for all that you and your family have done. I'm sure Noels rapid recovery is because of your energy and unwavering focus to give the best event I'ver ever be

Wow what a great weekend of racing at The Bull Ring. Congratulations to everyone who came from interstate and the local contingent who showed up in great numbers as well. I had an absolute blast drivi

This is all i could say too, but ill add my 2c    It would be rude of me to not again thank the Page family for their hospitality. The lengths the Pageys' went to as a family to welcome me i

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Pagey said:

Spoke to Noel last night via text . He is going ok,  spirits and humour still high . Get better soon old mate . 

I have posted at the start of the forum up dates about the event , schedule and listed teams as I know them . Please all check if you see any errors or concerns. 

I will have a travel guide for the train trip from Sydney airport to Shellharbour Junction. Approximately a 2hr ride and not a bad option considering Sydney traffic . The station is at the airport terminal. I can organise local pick up down this end . Only 2km from track . Locals can also help out with transportation to motels etc if required. 

Cheers Pagey 

Adding to this, depending on arrival times i could also pick up to 3 racers including their gear from the airport & take them to the Bull Ring .... I am also to able to offer the same return services for flights home. ( car is large enough VF Commonwhore i think ) 

I intend on being at the Bull Ring for the duration of the event including Thursday evenings racing ... so shoot me a PM if anyone interested  

• Like 2

Am I missing something?

I could have sworn that when I looked at this the other day that the only event that was a min of 3 was the Porsche Cup? - Now the FLM ( and in fact ALL the Saturday races were for a min of 2 in a Team and for example Kim and Noel were nominated as a Team with no 3rd driver!) is a min of 3 also - is this a typo or a change?

Also with the FLM being half in the dark and with more than 8 teams how is the round robin to be organised so that each team is half in the dark and half in day light ?

Cheers

- FLM and Porsche both longer Enduros have always been shown as 3 man min and 4 man max

- The other shorter Enduros have and are still 2 man min and max of 4 drivers . 

Some teams have chosen 3 man for these and that’s fine . 

- The question on the FLM race is half race in the day for every team and half race in the dark for every team . Rest  assured it works out . Werner has run these races at APC and MCN for years . 

I may may have done a typo on Noel and Kim team as I’m still in shock over his illness. Can’t see a mistake there but with Noel not coming it may change . Kim is overseas at moment so not sure . 

SA team of Peter and Ian need a 3rd driver stil ? For FLM and Porsche race . 

I have JJ a local driver still trying to get a team . He is pretty quick on the track and wouldn’t let you down . He has had a Podium previously at the Hornsby event . 

Looks like I did ok MrFox . Not to many faults found so far . 😅 😂😂

• Like 1

I’m pretty sure Kimbo will be looking for a new team member. I’m  not making this one, on a brighter note my op at this stage is Monday, So hopefully I’ll make the AUS Scale Auto titles at RR in July. Thanks for all the well wishes from all of you guys it’s very much appreciated by both Donna and I. 

Noel

• Like 4

Hi Pagey,

No drama that the FLM is now a minimum 3 man team but it definitely was promoted originally as a 2 man minimum team - how do I know this?

Here is the text from the earlier post I had copied when the races were first proposed.

Friday practice is free for all racers ...

All classes on the Saturday are $10 per driver per class with a min of 2 drivers max of 4.

Sundays Scale Auto race is also $10 per driver.

the Slotworx Porsche race will be $12 per driver min of 3 max of 4.

Pagey you are doing (have done) a great job and I was not looking for faults but only clarification

Looking forward to the racing - I have booked my accommodation and am raring to go.

Cheers

Edited by GJ to remove white space

I have a question for the Rule Interpretation Board (or whatever/whoever takes its place).

Formula Le Mans Regulation (2018)

Section 2.0 deals with the Chassis and in most instances the regulations are clear cut.

However I draw your attention to:-

2.7 All original mounting points and basic configuration must be retained.

2.8 No Chassis modifications other than within its design limits.

So that does this mean that I could, for example, reduce the weight of the main chassis plate by increasing the size of the holes (nominally provided to accommodate the kit's provided weights).

Doing this does not contravene 2.7 - all original mounting points and the basic  configuration are retained.

Doing this does not constitute a chassis modification that is outside its design limits - the way the chassis functions is unaffected - thus 2.8 is not contravened

If no chassis modification was to be allowed at all then why does 2.8 read the way it does?

If no chassis modification at all (apart from blue-printing) is allowed why does 2.8 say other than within its design limits?

I ask this question given that the same regulations state  @ 11.1 that the min car weight is 155 grams and @ 1.6 the body weight 18 grams.

Now even if a body could be built to 18 grams with lights (I congratulate any body who has achieved this by the way) it would mean the min weight of the rolling chassis to get to the min car weight of 155grams  would be 137grams - this is also difficult even using carbon fibre and titanium as I have found.

Thus I believe that that the regulations 2.7 and 2.8 act in concert to allow chassis modifications but only within the constraints of those regulations. I would even go further and say that I believe that was the regulation's intent otherwise why are they stated the way they are? If no modifications at all were allowed the regulations would say exactly that.

Please tell me am I right or am I wrong in my interpretation and if if am wrong I would like an explanation as to why.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Gary.

That may be so but like I said - Why?

I guess also what I am asking is who/what arbitrates on interpretation of the regulations if the regulations are ambiguous? Or is the interpretation like folk lore - handed down from father to son? :)

Now by unambiguous I mean like in Cam's rules for the Slotworx cars - there is no ambiguity.

Cheers