Australian Model Car Racers Forum

1/24 Model Car Nationals (2018)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Epic Weekend.. Cant thank you enough Pagey for all that you and your family have done. I'm sure Noels rapid recovery is because of your energy and unwavering focus to give the best event I'ver ever be

Wow what a great weekend of racing at The Bull Ring. Congratulations to everyone who came from interstate and the local contingent who showed up in great numbers as well. I had an absolute blast drivi

This is all i could say too, but ill add my 2c    It would be rude of me to not again thank the Page family for their hospitality. The lengths the Pageys' went to as a family to welcome me i

Posted Images

Looking awesome as always mate . Concourse for each class so  I hope we will see some great looking cars . It is a MCN,  model car national at the end of the day. 

Just a reminder to all the interstate drivers to bring your adapter to suit NSW driver plugs . The lead wires on cars are the standard arrangement, not like Hornsby. 

Cheers Pagey 

One other thing to note everyone. As I’m not a commercial race way, lane stickers are up to yourself to supply. I run a Velcro system myself. If you like the sticker type I’m trying to source some via Beno . They will be available to purchase I hope from my canteen lady (wife) if I get them . I have made the entry fees as low as I could to encourage numbers but with 65 trophies purchased I think everyone will be ok with dealing with your own lane stickers . 

Cheers Pagey 

• Like 2

A few more photos to inspire you to get yourself organised. The event is closing at a rapid rate . Im nearing to the end of preparation at the Bull Ring .

I have the Qld pit area sorted , maybe a South Aussie cousin might slip in.  

Also Werner’s table of doom is sorted . Please, please, read all the rules for the classes . Werner has final say on cars and he will make sure that they are legal . It’s not rocket science, just make sure your legal . We won’t have time for much adjustment of cars . If your not ready when racing starts you miss out . Schedule is tight and for the greater good it will be kept to . 

Also if everyone could keep

in mind that it’s my home with neighbors. Parking will be an issue,  so if everyone could car pool to help that would be great . Also be sensible and don’t park across driveways or upset my neighbors please . Please try and keep language to a minimum as wife and kids are about . The big one is to treat the toilet like it’s yours at home please . Hornsby race centre was a disgrace this year and not James fault . I’m not going to tolerate that here . Make a mess clean it up . 

Anyway I’m looking forward to having everyone come and enjoy the Bull Ring . I think the racing will be fast and close . Can’t wait for the action to start . 

Also fantastic news that the brain child of the event may still make it , Mr Noel Bdatson! 🎉🎉🎉🎉So unbelievable that he is doing so well , plenty of answered prayers. Just doctor appointments to juggle . He has even snuck in a practice with Kim at Red Racer the other day . Awesome 😎👏👏👏

Cheers and see you soon Pagey 

F728FC5F-15A9-4A39-9CB7-4A7E8E78C039.jpeg

488B9757-E776-4F0D-AAA1-1B854C6D2AE4.jpeg

46CAA7E7-6728-4B56-8D2A-7806A585439A.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Pagey,,,,Darryl from  team FAT,,,,,,,,,i have lots of JK lane stickers  ,,more than enough to cover all the racing,,,so yours to do as you wish.  Really looking forward to this fantastic event,,,,and appreciate the huge effort you and others have put in,,,,,        thanks Darryl 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Pagey said:

I have the Qld pit area sorted , maybe a South Aussie cousin might slip in.

Great work Pagey. No problem with the South Aussie, just make sure there is a cloth to wipe up the drool and a handy window for him to lick.😜

Only joking.....................

Cheers

ding...😈

• Sad 1

Thanks very much Darryl, that’s a big help, appreciate it . 

Here is a photo of the area for a bit of fresh air and a spot to have our meal breaks . Even put a golf course in for entertainment. 😂😂

930AA78B-395E-4C06-B9B6-8CCB29270780.jpeg

63587A7D-241B-4834-89F4-3C17E0E8A473.jpeg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Noel said:

We’ll look after you Benno, Tequila isn’t it ?fed to you through out the day.. 

Sounds good to me ... as long as i have some drinking partners we will be fine !!! 

1 tequila 

2 tequila 

3 tequila 

FLOOR !

Edited by Benno
On 5/7/2018 at 4:31 PM, Pagey said:

Looking awesome as always mate . Concourse for each class so  I hope we will see some great looking cars . It is a MCN,  model car national at the end of the day. 

Just a reminder to all the interstate drivers to bring your adapter to suit NSW driver plugs . The lead wires on cars are the standard arrangement, not like Hornsby. 

Cheers Pagey 

Could someone post a photo of an adapter. Cheers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sutto said:

Could someone post a photo of an adapter. Cheers.

Hey Sutto .... i think its standard issue ! 

IE : my 3rd Eye Controller worked both in Adelaide, Hornsby and on Pageys track with no issues or modifications 

7 hours ago, Benno said:

Hey Sutto .... i think its standard issue ! 

IE : my 3rd Eye Controller worked both in Adelaide, Hornsby and on Pageys track with no issues or modifications 

Thanks Ben still not clear what NSW drivers plugs are .What plugs does Glen use at drivers station at the Bull ring?

Hi Sutto,

Glenn has a STD male 3 pin plug if you are  from QLD that uses round earth pin you will need 2 female plugs one round earth for your controller plug and one flat  for track, I hope that helps you when I go to QLD I just fit a round earth plug.

Ian

1 hour ago, Sutto said:

Thanks Ben still not clear what NSW drivers plugs are .What plugs does Glen use at drivers station at the Bull ring?

NSW and SA use the same plugs . Queensland I are the ones who need an adapter .

Your controller worked fine at Hornsby and that is NSW . 

4 hours ago, kart.68 said:

Hi Sutto,

Glenn has a STD male 3 pin plug if you are  from QLD that uses round earth pin you will need 2 female plugs one round earth for your controller plug and one flat  for track, I hope that helps you when I go to QLD I just fit a round earth plug.

Ian

4 hours ago, Peter D said:

NSW and SA use the same plugs . Queensland I are the ones who need an adapter .

Your controller worked fine at Hornsby and that is NSW . 

Cheers pennies dropped now.

Hey Pagey

Pit looks awesome.

Can you please let us know what is the width and depth of an allocated pit area - I want to be sure my kit is correct size to fit in.

The excitement is now palpable.

Thanks Mate

600x 700 is the best that  I could split it up.With it being  a teams race weekend, I have put your race mates either side of you . With only 5 cars required for the weekend, if you wanted to split up your shared area, that’s up to you . With 37 drivers it’s a very big effort to give everyone a spot . 

5D95E0F2-E4FB-4F90-B8D0-5C70987B5209.jpeg

• Like 1