Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2017 - OAPR LMP

Garry J

8 hours ago, Pagey said:

Jan 

Just back from racing tonight. It felt slow and not alive, as per last week it was sensational with the 13T pinion and NSR. Same chassis running as per weights for this year. Not a problem but the cars need to be faster in my option especially on bigger tracks. I for one will be running cars on my track with taller pinions to suit, running what suits your track. I think you should open it up for the event organiser to pick the motor and size for the event and allow open gearing. After all it’s an open chassis so if blokes can’t work out their gearing at that level there is something wrong. Leave the chassis weights alone, to nicely balanced to stuff around with. Now this is only my opinion but you did ask for feed back .

Cheers Pagey 

Thanks Pagey,

I have edited your quote above as I would like to highlight the specific points you've made, which I believe are helpful and constructive to this discussion. They are based on actual testing and is valuable to all of us - especially when it comes to making well-informed rule changes.

Cheers,

Jan

Not sure this is the correct place to compare all the cars ? Gt3 was faster , had a nice little run against Ben . I was in my Gt3 and he was in my Porsche . It wasn’t easy to pass him but once in front of the Porsche the Gt 3 easily drove away . 

Cheers Pagey