Jump to content
Australian Model Car Racers Forum

Endurance Event, SA, Thunderbird Raceway


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats to all winners and podium placers in today's racing, by all accounts there was some very close racing 

Rod also had a strong drive in the Rivercity 12hr on  the weekend. Plus is a constant top driver at the Bull Ring . His hair and hats are another mater . 🧐😳😂😂😂😂😂

Hi All, SA Slotcars and Thunderbird Raceway are planning an event for the long weekend in June, 8-10th. We would love see this as a National Event with as much interstate Interest as possible.

Posted Images

Team - Linfox

Drivers - Rodney Clarke / Jason Brooks

Races - All Saturday (Slotworx Supercars, Slotworx Porsche, Open GT3)

 

Rodney is looking for a team to join for Sunday's Plafit FLM race. A great endurance driver with previous track experience. Highlights include 1st place in the 2014 MCN Slotworx Supercars Endurance, and multiple MCN A-Main Final appearances.

 

Cheers,

Brooksy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, Pagey said:

   Rod also had a strong drive in the Rivercity 12hr on  the weekend. Plus is a constant top driver at the Bull Ring . His hair and hats are another mater . 🧐😳😂😂😂😂😂

Yep, I've Raced with Rod at Hornsby. I'll make sure the guys know Rod is available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cody B. said:

Come on guys I know there’s a lot more racers out there who can attend this event let’s get more interstate teams let’s go guys don’t be shy 

Cheers Cody, I agree! 🙂

I expected a team or 2 from QLD and Vic at least! 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 12:23 PM, Brooksy said:

Team - Linfox

Drivers - Rodney Clarke / Jason Brooks

Races - All Saturday (Slotworx Supercars, Slotworx Porsche, Open GT3)

 

Rodney is looking for a team to join for Sunday's Plafit FLM race. A great endurance driver with previous track experience. Highlights include 1st place in the 2014 MCN Slotworx Supercars Endurance, and multiple MCN A-Main Final appearances.

 

Cheers,

Brooksy

Okay guys so now there’s a mixup the original post says cup cars are on the Sunday but now brooksy is saying it’s flm on the Sunday which one is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, Robbo said:

Thanks Pagey.

Yes, we have switched OAPR to FLM.

 

55 minutes ago, Cody B. said:

Okay guys so now there’s a mixup the original post says cup cars are on the Sunday but now brooksy is saying it’s flm on the Sunday which one is it?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Cody B. said:

Hey robbo, what time is the shop open on the Thursday??? Also is qualy a 1 minute race or as normal?

Hi Cody, Thursday is a normal trading day for Thunderbird Raceway.

Thursday 1pm - 5pm

See https://www.tbirdslotracing.com.au/

Qualifying is typically 1 minute on any lane per team. One driver per team is nominated to qualify.

However, Brooksy has the final word on that.

There is Qualifying on Saturday and Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

33 days till this event.

We will need to close off team nominations with sufficient time to order the hand out motors.

Motors are sponsored by Ace Hobbies and Thunderbird Raceway.

 

I imagine if teams haven't organized travel and accommodation in the next few days then they aren't coming. 😫

So, I think the closing date for nominations is 5PM 13/5/19.

 

Regards

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 10:18 AM, Robbo said:

Hi All,

33 days till this event.

We will need to close off team nominations with sufficient time to order the hand out motors.

Motors are sponsored by Ace Hobbies and Thunderbird Raceway.

 

I imagine if teams haven't organized travel and accommodation in the next few days then they aren't coming. 😫

So, I think the closing date for nominations is 5PM 13/5/19.

 

Regards

 

Well, blew past the 13/5/19!

So that's it. I'll order the motors for the teams we have. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

So 14 days to this event!

 

Please make sure you have your cars compliant to current rules.

Thunderbird Raceway may not carry all the parts you need.

 

Note that Slotworx classes now only allow for Plafit brand rims and tyres. Scaleauto tyres may ONLY be used on the front.

FLM will not require lights, but are optional.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Robbo said:

Wow, matching cars! Maximum effort!

What a great job. 😃

 

This is the sort of enthusiasm that makes slotcar events become "an event".

We could do with more of this! 😉

Cheers rob appreciate it but I can’t take any credit it all goes to the old man that’s all his workmanship right there. 

 

Come on guys who else is ready 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...