Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2019 Slotfest

The 2019 Mr Slotcar - Slotcar Fest will be raced on the weekend of the 24/25th of August .

Venue is complex of Mr Slotcar

Address is 3/42 Hallam South Road . Hallam Victoria 3803

Schedule Saturday 24th

Slotworx Porsche Cup 3 hour Enduro 10am - 1pm
Slotworx V8  3 hour Enduro 2 - 5 pm

Sunday 25 th

Lexan GT3 3 hour Enduro 9am -12pm
FLM 3 hour Enduro 1pm - 4pm

Teams Entered

Team Oz

Bull Ring

Outer Towners

Team Croc

Accomodation

http://www.caseyonprincesmotel.com.au/ This is almost walking distance.
https://www.aturahotels.com/dandenong/
How to get here.......
Hallam train station is only minutes away.Buses stop close by too.
Driving,follow the directions for the city for SE suburbs,on the Monash freeway follow signs for Warragul,
Exit the freeway at Hallam Belgrave road,head right and go across Princess highway.....You are now in
Hallam Sth Road.
Taxi 13CABS 132227
Some eating places.......
https://www.hallamhotel.com.au/
http://positanohallam.com.au/
Lots of takeaway places such as Hungry Jacks,bakery,Indian,Subway plus many more. All walking distance.
I've put these up if your not dining in. But remember don't bring out side food back inside the venue

Schedule

Will be updated when all entries are in 

Some updates

Motor / Gear ratio

V8 - Plafit Fox 4  12/44

Porsche  - SRP long 25 13 / 44

FLM - Plafit Cheeta   Open Ratio

The rules set can be found at the Ace Hobbies Website   https://www.acehobbies.com.au

711239295_39986217_1992048380853053_7902072025944948736_o34873.jpg.420f7ccba796e3bbfe76416bfebbef65.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 2019 Mr Slotcar - Slotcar Fest will be raced on the weekend of the 24/25th of August .   Venue is complex of Mr Slotcar Address is 3/42 Hallam South Road . Hallam Victoria 3803 Sched

ha ha what a joke!!!  you guys need to take a chill pill.   Its pretty obvious that you have to race the branded motors as stipulated,  if you know how to get around that please let me know.!!!! 

Hi All I can confirm that it will be Hand out motors for all classes , with this in mind can have all entries confirmed so we can order so motors    Greg Colgate Colagn 

Posted Images

Team Bull Ring . Ben and Pagey are keen for a Vic road trip . Always fun racing Mexicans in Mexico 🇲🇽. Hopefully your fast blokes missing will show up , Arkin, Brett , Chris ?  We know how fast Mark, Greg and Doug are at home also . Great challenge. 

Cheers Pagey 

1 hour ago, Pagey said:

Team Bull Ring . Ben and Pagey are keen for a Vic road trip . Always fun racing Mexicans in Mexico 🇲🇽. Hopefully your fast blokes missing will show up , Arkin, Brett , Chris ?  We know how fast Mark, Greg and Doug are at home also . Great challenge. 

Cheers Pagey 

Greg’s already talked me in to teaming up again.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From racing in Adelaide the srp short can is a much better motor then the Fox 4 for v8’s if it’s a anything goes event this is what I’m going to run 

not really keen keen on the anything goes either as the locals can be there testing through motors and the other guys are left in their dust 

3 hours ago, Cody B. said:

not really keen keen on the anything goes either as the locals can be there testing through motors and the other guys are left in their dust 

A good motor on your own track will be a good motor anywhere :ph34r:

Anyway, lets not take the 'anything goes' comment out of context here. I am certain that Marks' reference was get your best motors out and was purely tongue in cheek. 

Motors have been listed per class, lets just focus on the event and encourage entries as we cant afford to keep having events with 12 people entered.

Pagey and I will be there regardless of handouts or not .... just means we need to do a little bit of testing before we get there.

Additionally, would there be any objections if entry fees were raised to cover the cost of the handout motors ? To be fair, if $40 per team is the deal breaker ... you probably werent going in the first place ?

Ok, it’s NOT anything goes, it’s national rules!

and as stated in the national rules is choice of motor between SRP25 and the Fox 4, the organiser has chosen the Fox 4.

turn up with a car that’s anything goes and it won’t race!

as for upping the entry fee to cover hand out motors is something you need to talk to Peter V, Greg and probably Werner about.