Australian Model Car Racers Forum

2021 Lexan Shootout (aka HSC Endurance Championships)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a fantastic weekend as always . Thank you Foxy for all your hard work through the weekend and especially your detailed preparation. A faultless program running to schedule is the result of all th

SATURDAY - GT3 AND FLM WITH PORSCHE CUP QUALIFYING   GT3                    

Another great Hornsby weekend.. thanks Fox for organising and running such a smooth well informed event. As usual it was great to catch up with old mates.. it's been a long time with Covid knocking ou

Posted Images

Hi All,

Things are starting to shape up with teams firming their Porsche Cup and FLM combinations.

Also Victory have pulled out of the Porsche Cup event and so now we have: -

GT3 23 - so  two races of 8 and one of 7

FLM 12 - two races of 6.

Porsche Cup - 8

1-Teams and Specs-11.jpg

Hopefully Mr Covid will stay away and not affect the great weekend of racing we are looking forward to.

Cheers

FoxBox

Hi All  

Here is the outline of the complete program for the Lexan Shootout.

There may be a little tweaking here and there but essentially this will be it with adjustments if scrutineering, and track-calls, and other variable portions of the program take more or less time.

Program Overview

Thur

Open Practice
GT3 Motor H/O

Start

12:00 PM

Est Finish

5:00 PM

Practice & GT3 Prelim

Fri

Open Practice
GT3 Motor H/O

GT3 Tech
FLM & Cup Practice

GT3
Photos & Concours

GT3 Qual

GT3 Lane Draw & Parc Ferme

Start

12:00 PM

4:30 PM

5:15 PM

5:35 PM

6:05 PM

Est Finish

4:30 PM

5:35 PM

6:05 PM

6:30 PM

GT3 Sprint Races

Sat

Open @ 9:00
Start @ 9:15

Briefing

GT3 Races
FLM H/O

Podium Photos & Break

Start

9:00 AM

9:15 AM

9:25 AM

12:15 PM

Est Finish

9:25 AM

12:15 PM

12:25 PM

FLM Team Races

Sat

FLM Test & Practice

FLM Tech & Break

FLM Qual & Lane Draw

Briefing, Concours & Photos

FLM Race & Cup H/O

Podium Photos & Break

Est Start

12:25 PM

1:05 PM

1:25 PM

1:50 PM

2:00 PM

5:40 PM

Est Finish

1:05 PM

1:25 PM

1:50 PM

2:00 PM

5:40 PM

5:50 PM

Porsche Cup Prelim

Sat

Cup Test & Practice

Cup Tech & Break

Cup Qual

Parc Ferme

Start

5:50 PM

6:20 PM

6:40 PM

7:00 PM

Est Finish

6:20 PM

6:40 PM

7:00 PM

Porsche Cup 6 Hr Enduro

Sun

Open @ 9:00
Start @ 9:15

Briefing Concours  Photos

Porsche Cup Race

Trophies & Photos

Start

9:00 AM

9:35 AM

4:45 PM

Est Finish

9:35 AM

4:45 PM

It is a lot of racing and a lot of fun to be packed into the 4 days and in particular Saturday will be busy.

Accordingly it will be imperative that all racers cooperate in being on time and ready for their events, available for marshalling when required and otherwise being aware and responsive to any other directives such as organising for photo ops and judging Concours etc.

It is also imperative that when presenting your cars for tech  that they are legal. There is NO EXCUSE for them not to be – I have provided links to the current regulations on the Australian Model Car Racers Forum site including Dropbox access to downloadable PDF versions and also a table for quick reference to dimensions etc.

Last year we had cars presenting that were too wide and with bits missing etc – this is unacceptable and slows down the whole days activity

Note in particular the motor hand-out schedule and the controls relating to same which will be identical to the process used in the previous 2 years.

GT3 Handouts

These motors will be available by draw from 12:00 on Thursday and must be purchased. You may buy 1 at a time for $15 each or 2 for $25. Only 2 motors may be purchased by any racer and that racer must only use a motor drawn and purchased by them or their agent.

FLM Handouts

Werner of ACE Hobbies has supplied the motors for the FLM event.  

These motors will be available by draw during the GT3 races.

Porsche Cup Handouts

These motors will be available by draw during the FLM races and must be purchased for $15.

Motors Generally

None of the motors have been run-in. I have tested them on very low voltage to ensure that they actually spin but that is all.

When you are scheduled for your hand-out (more on this later) the process is: -

If James has not been already paid (for the whole team) you pay James any outstanding entry fees for the race and any fee due for your motor/s.

You will then draw a numbered stick from an envelope which represents the corresponding numbered motor and your motor selection will be recorded on a spreadsheet for tech.  

Once received motors may be run on a power source and tested in any practice sessions available for that race.. 

The race schedule specifically allows for a test period after the allocation and fitting of FLM and Porsche Cup motors whilst GT3 motors may be used any time after purchase.

There will be a very limited number of replacement m FLM and Porsche Cup motors that will be available in exchange for your original motor and $15 payable to James (if you are unhappy with your original selection).  You get your original motor back after the race.

These replacement motors will also be marked and recorded. 

Race Scheduling and Marshalling  

GT3

With current entries there will be 3 races comprising brackets of 5 minutes.

Qualifying position dictates your Main and lane choice.

A Main
Qualifiers 1 to 8
B Main
Qualifiers 9 to 16
C Main
Qualifiers 17 to 23

If we get more entries this will obviously change and we have to move to a Round-Robin format.

Racing will start with the C Main. Followed by B then A

The following Table sets out who is racing and who is marshalling during any particular main. Notice that all participants are scheduled to marshal once and have one ‘inactive’ main where they will not be racing or marshalling.

GT3 Schedule

Race 1

Race 2

Race 3

A Main

A Main

A Main

B Main

B Main

B Main

C Main

C Main

C Main

LEGEND

Racing

Marshalling

Inactive (FLM Handout)

Cars are returned to Parc Ferme after the race and will be released after final Race Positions are determined and podium photos have been taken

Teams must pay any outstanding FLM entry fees and get their FLM motors and fit them during their inactive period as explained earlier.  

FLM

With current entry number of 12) there will be 2 races comprising 8 brackets of 10 minutes.

Qualifying position dictates your Main and lane choice.

A Main
Qualifiers 1 to 6
B Main
Qualifiers 7 to 12

As there are two drivers per Team one will be driving and one will be marshalling.
At the 5 minute mark there will be a track-call and drivers swapped.
Both team members drive for 5 minutes each on all lanes – no cherry picking drivers for lanes.

Racing will start with the B Main.

After each race cars go to Parc Ferme

Teams are able to pay any outstanding Porsche Cup entry fees and get their motors and fit/run them during the Main they are not participating in.

Cars are returned to Parc Ferme after each Main and will be released after final Race Positions are determined and podium photos have been taken.

Porsche Cup

This will be an 8 team race with qualifying position dictating lane choice.

All team drivers must drive all lanes for an equal length of time - 3 driver teams 15 minutes per driver and 4 driver teams approx. 11 minutes per driver.

Driver changes must occur with the car stationary in the prescribed zone.

Penalty for transgressions of this condition - 5 Laps Deduction.  

FURTHER INFORMATION

Parc Ferme

If is not clear from the above schedule this is what happens: -

After your car is submitted to Tech Scrutiny it MUST be in Parc Ferme at ALL times unless you are qualifying, racing or working on it under Green Flag.  

This will be the case until all Mains of a particular class have been run, results finalised, Podium photos taken and the all-clear given - no exceptions.  

Penalty for transgressions of this condition - 10 Laps Deduction.  

Tech Scrutiny

All cars will be required to have a post-it sticker identity tag which needs to submitted with the car for tech and remain with the car whilst in Parc Ferme.  

Please ensure your car is legal prior to Tech to ensure a smooth and quick process.  

Please ensure that your car is legal at the end of the race to avoid risk of disqualification.

There will be no post-race tech inspection for GT3 or FLM although any car that is riding too low at any point will need to be removed and rectified under Green.

Porsche Cup cars will be teched after the race per Porsche Cup Rules to ensure the car is compliant wrt it being complete (with the exceptions that wheel inserts may be missing, mirrors may be missing and light buckets may be broken/missing) and with min (0.5mm) clearance.

Note that any detached wing must be re-attached ASAP proximate to where it should be– tape may be used for this.

Penalties for failing clearance of 0.5mm is disqualification and no points awarded

Working on Cars

Once a car has been submitted to Tech NO work may be done on it EXCEPTING: -  

(1) Prior to Qualifying

Cars are available from Parc Ferme two qualifiers from when you are due.

First up will have their car for 3 minutes and second up gets theirs 1.5 minutes before the first qualifier is up.

You may give the car a once-over by checking the body is properly fitted, oil it, adjust braids and juice them and clean the tyres.

(2) Lane Change

You may clean the tyres (tape only) and adjust (not replace) the braids.

This also means no use of test boards or any measuring device etc – the only items proximate to the car during a lane change is the tyre tape and lane stickers. You may obviously look at the car from any angle you like etc but that’s it. Cooling boxes are designated to be test boards for this condition and must not be used under any circumstance.

(3) Under Green Flag

You may do anything under Green Flag.

HOWEVER if working under Green and a lane change occurs you must not continue working on it until Green continues.  

Penalty for transgressions of these conditions - 10 Laps Deduction.  

Point Score

Points will be allocated to all races as follows: -

Pointscore

Place

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

<=16th

For the title 'Lexan King' for 2021 it will be an addition of all points scored as a team member or individually.

In the event of a tied score this coveted title will be awarded to whoever finished higher in the GT3 race.  

Trophies

Trophies are being supplied by James Colfax of HSC Raceway as follows

Class

Trophy

GT3

TQ

Concours

1st

2nd

3rd

FLM

Concours

1st

2nd

3rd

Porsche Cup

Concours

1st

2nd

3rd

Lexan King

Well I think that covers it please yell out if you think I have missed or confused anything.

Cheers
FoxBox

Hi Guys,

OK; I have posted the nominations to date and a very extensive Schedule for the 'Lexan Shootout' weekend and I must say I am looking forward to the fray with many strong combinations having nominated .

Entries have been open for over 10 weeks now which is plenty of time for any interested parties to nominate and so I am calling it a day to any further entries as follows: -

GT3              - we have 23 entries and I will accommodate up to 4 more.

FLM             - we have 12 teams and I will accommodate up to 4 more.

Porsche Cup - we have 8 entries and I am closing entries for this race - if you want to nominate a team you may but entry would require an existing team to drop out. 

Look forward to the racing and Blue Gum de-briefs.

Cheers

FoxBox

Hi Guys,

Getting close now - starting to get really exited.

Also please note that you will need CASH for motor purchases as I have bankrolled these and so cannot have their sale muddy HSC finances with credit card purchases.

Please also assist here by ensuring that you have the correct cash amounts required.

Cheers

FoxBox

Hi All,

This year the tech inspection team will again be Benno, Kim and myself.

Just a reminder about presenting your cars for tech inspection.

Last year and the year before there was a lot of wasted time and frustration while a large number of racers waited while a small number of racers presented cars that were woefully deficient per the regulations. Most faults were very basic and cars should never have been presented with: -

Missing components such as mirrors and exhaust pipes on the Porsche Cup cars

Incorrect spurs

Out of spec wheels

Insufficient clearance

I have published links to the regulations  on ACE website and also links to downloadable and printable versions in previous posts in this thread. I have also provided a summary of specs for all classes in this thread also accessible from a Dropbox link I have provided. In summary I have done a lot of work in order to assist you to make sure your cars are legal and all cars should pass tech first go (most do).

Please make sure your cars are legal and don't waste everybody's time.

Regards

FoxBox

Hi All

Just a bit of social stuff now as Captain Rodney Sticks informs me in his words that: -

'For Covid-19  reasons I have booked a table of 20 for Friday and Saturday nights dinner at The Blue Gum under the name of Bdatson'

All I can say is 'well done Rod' and I for one am really looking forward to another great 'Bdatson' gathering.

Cheers

Foxbox

• Like 1

Hi Fox

Could you please correct the names of HB racing for Porsche Cup   . Pierre, Michael , David and John .

For FML it will be Pierre and Michael , Please remove Ron.  

For GT3 it will be Pierre, Michael and David . Please remove Ron 

10 hours ago, Wayne Bramble said:

Mark Andrew pulled out tonite sick, so team Oz still needs a third driver for Sunday otherwise we will have to pull out.

Have you asked Mr Tupperware, or maybe one of the guys from Luddenham?

FRIDAY - PRACTICE AND GT3 QUALIFYING

Hi All,

Kicked off the procedures to day with a final shake down for GT3 followed by tech, Concours judging and Qualifying.

Some of the cars: -

01-IMG_1786.JPG

02-IMG_1787.JPG

03-IMG_1788.JPG

04-IMG_1789.JPG

05-IMG_1790.JPG

06-IMG_1791.JPG

07-IMG_1792.JPG

08-IMG_1793.JPG

09-IMG_1794.JPG

09-IMG_1794.JPG

10-IMG_1795.JPG

11-IMG_1796.JPG

12-IMG_1798.JPG

13-IMG_1799.JPG

14-IMG_1800.JPG

Pierre was judged Concours winner by master painter Benno who was appointed Judge by the crowd.

17-IMG_1804.JPG

18-IMG_1806.JPG

The full field of 21 meant Qualifying into 3 races of 7.

15-IMG_1801.JPG

Stoo set the pace with a car I lent him which was a great result for him.

19-IMG_1807.JPG

Cheers

• Like 1

SATURDAY - GT3 AND FLM WITH PORSCHE CUP QUALIFYING

GT3

01-IMG_1808.JPG

02-IMG_1809.JPG

03-IMG_1823.JPG

04-IMG_1810.JPG

05-IMG_1812.JPG

06-IMG_1814.JPG

07-IMG_1822.JPG